Anybody used Jacob's Ignition systems?

• Sponsors (?)

hey man, i've been rocking that ignition since '99. it's absolutely the best!!! ok, i haven't used any others so i cant really say that, but what i can tell you is the ignition was used when i bought it from a friend and it has worked flawlessly since. i have it mounted on the frame-rail ahead of the drivers front tire (by the horns) and it sees daily driver duty (mud, rain, etc.) i was able to open my plug gaps to about .065-.069 with this bad girl and my mild 10:1 calculated CR. i was also very impressed with the vast # of add-ons for this ignition, especially the in-car timing adjuster. can you say tune for 94octane on 14*, turn the dial back if you can only get 87;)

it's definitely not a cheap ignition but IMHO it is one of the best. i also like the msd but hear a LOT of stories about them suddenly dying.

-steve

http://www.jacobselectronics.com/products/energypaks/mustangteam.htm

Every single person I've talkd to with them [except this guy above me :D] has hated it with a passion and removed it within 3months of use. I stay as far away from jacobs as I can. MSD does me just fine, and mallory is good too.

Michael Yount said:
If so, what's been your experience?

Had one since 1986 or so. Works great, does everything they promised, starts good, more power, and at least 1.5 mpg more. They replaced it during the first couple months, but I was not sure if it was the Jacobs unit or the Duraspark distributor module. I replaced everything. No questions asked. Later experience says it was the distributor pickup, not the Jacobs unit.

So they work, perform and they stand behind them.

Only problem was that their phone tech help is very poor, and you need a tach adapter to make a stock tach work, and they had no idea which one. Said to buy several and see what worked. Even though they remembered the 15 year old model that I have 2 years ago, they still could not answer the tach question when I wanted to transfer it to another car. Go figure.

Overall, I would suggest an MSD unit first.

Eh, couldn't tell a difference from the stock ignition when i ran one. Got it for next to nothing, wouldn't buy a new one. Didn't have any features either...not even a rev limiter. Didn't need it, i ran a PMS.