Anyone been busted for tint? (AZ)

gargol139

Nov 23, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
On my way to work yesterday morning at about 6, an ***hole bike cop pulled up next to me at a light gave me a double take, I knew I was getting pulled over, I guess there was no crime to be fought at the time but anyway he wrote me a ticket for limo tint.

I was wondering if anyone has been busted before and what they had to do.

• Sponsors (?)

take a pic of a car with no tint (obviously the same color as your car) drive a different vehicle to the court house. show the DA the pic tel them your car is in the shop or some other BS. they throw the ticket out and you go on your happy little way without ever peeling the tint off! worked for me over 10 times now!

I have been pulled over for my side window tint and HAD to bring my car in to a police station to get it checked out. i've heard a lot of people do what SaleenGT described...BUT the problem is, i think different states have different laws.

Here in Cali, i know someone who got pulled over for side tint and got a fix-it ticket, so he removed the tint... then put it right back on and later got pulled over again by the same cop.
------they impounded his car for 30 days :eek: do you know how much 30 days in the impound lot costs??? :nonono:

i was busted for mine i have 20% mirrior all the way around except for the back (havent gotten to it yet), but yeah i was on my way to work at 6 am, and it was cloudy, so with the windows up you cannot see in at all, all you get is the relflection of yourself, ha, but yeah he pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I had some old picts of my car when i first bought it, sent them in to the court house and everything was fine, never had to peel it off.

gtstangau said:
:D CONGRATULATIONS, that is pretty freakin dark! How did you see at night? I have like 15% and it is dark enough to get me in trouble!

yeah i had 5% and i didnt wash my car in like a week the 6% was right after i washed it. funny but the ticket sucked

DropTopPony said:
Some cops here will make you take it off on the spot. Most are cool about it. I just don't tint the front windows anymore. Its not worth the hassle.

+1 im gettin like 35% done the next time the cops said they let that slide more often then not they just want to be able to see inside the vehicle.

Each state is different. Typically, states with large cities don't allow ANY side window tint. I guess cops don't like walking up on cars with side tint. Here in Illinois (Chicagoland) that is the case and it's been my experience the cops are pretty tight about it too. I got snagged (twice) for $75 ticket in only 6 months. I just paid it and had the side tint removed. I then added a second layer of limo tint to the back, that's allowed here.