anyone build motors? i need to beat a honda.

umm, it seems like we have a troll, but all BS aside:

Although hard to belive, I'll put it this way, the amount of time, money, and effort to make a FWD 4 banger run like that is so far greater that what it could be to make a V8 in a light car do the same. Although it takes a lot to make any car run 10's or lower, it is far easier and cheaper with a V8. That is why fast imports are so ungodly rare. Most people try to go for the most logical way to a goal, not the most difficult. You could use a junkyard 351 block, the rest of the parts out of the box, a basic poweradder and some suspension and weight reduction and for half the cost be just as quick.

Honestly, I think your just a ricer that wants to come on here to post about fast honda's, to try to convice us that were wasting our time modding our rustangs, right?

• Sponsors (?)

IntenseBlue said:
Times, MPH, engine/suspension setup, dyno numbers? You got any of that? :shrug:

This is the honda he was talking about...
CBR600RR.jpg

Yea i call BS as well. I've seen the civics that run 9's and there is no way they are streetable. Also, i didnt even think you could get that much power from a honda. Even if you can, there is no reason because they weight nothing. Id bet 500hp would have the thing running 10's with no problem.

Guy, guys guys, he's not bsing. He's talking the 1/8th. lol. Or the bike above. But if your friends have hondas in the 10's then they have serious cash. So if you want to play you have to pay. Go spend 20k (about 1/2 what they paid) on a motor and you'll beat em.

gojonnygo said:
well im not here to argue about hondas. seems like most of yall are just scared to admit that a honda can beat you car. two are in the high nines, one is in the mid - low tens. and it isnt a buddy feeding me b.s. i have saw two on the dyno and all three at the track. truthfully i dont care if you believe me or not. if i did join them how bad would it suck to have your mustang beat by a former domestic driver turned import? i just asked a question about the best combos for a 351. i didnt ask if you believed me about my buddies. but thanks to those of you who helped.

that's mad jdm, closest a civic came to beating me was a built b18, on nitrous, with dr's ... he was maybe a car behind at the track, where's le torque :shrug:

im not trying to talk up any honda or import. yall are the ones talking about it. i only said what i wanted to do and what i wanted to beat. yall are the ones who are stuck on the hondas. i drive a 4x4 ford truck and a 89 ford mustang, that im trying to build a motor for if i could get some help. they did spend a lot of money on their cars. it does cost more to build an import 4cyl. thats why i want to build a v8.

gojonnygo said:
im not trying to talk up any honda or import. i drive a ford truck and a ford mustang, that im trying to build a motor for if i could get some help. they did spend a lot of money on their cars. i does cost more to build an import 4cyl. thats why i want to build a v8.

well whats the goals for the car? if it's just gonna be a track only car do a windosor motor, maybe stroke it to a 408, some nice aluminum heads, and a shot of nitrous, some traction will get you there, regardless going 10's isnt cheap, but i think with the windsor it'd be a little bit easier, since you have more cubes to work with

gojonnygo said:
thats what i want, a 351w stroked to a 408. but i want to stay n/a with out no2. i want real high compression. im going to go ahead and make it just a track car.

Your showing some sence. What your saying is possible. A buddy of mine has a stroked 351W that makes 640-680RWHP on motor before the 300 shot. People don't think that a 400+cube stroker can spin 8500-9000rpm, but this one does! He has a lot invested into it though.

To go low 9's, high 8's on motor N/A expect the motor to cost about $25,000-$30,000...then you'll need the chassis to hold it all and get the power to the ground, add another $15,000+

if i wind up making that much power that would be great. but im only shooting for mid to low 10s on a n/a motor without no2. im going for high rpms and higher compression.

No way guys. This kid is totally telling the truth. Don't you remember the...

Civic of Death

Check out my avatar for a quick reminder. This guy said he was running in the 9's as well, and that was a very streetable car. It even looked good with that Turbo sticking a foot out of the hood. Very trick!

This is good sh@#. Just like a sleezy woman... it smells bad, but it sure is fun!

If you are serious about a 351w though check out the sticky on the swap. Oh, and if you have other questions it may be best to get a new name to use here.

this guy is so full of :bs: I spent over a year building a integra. it had everything possible on it basically. 12:1 compression, built block bored to a 2.1 liter. Head, Cams, Intake, full exhuast and the power it put out was 212whp. add a 75 shot on that and that combo ran high 12's. the motor was machined at a shop the only built hondas they have a car that runs high 9's in the 1/4. this shop honda is all out drag civic. it made 689whp and ran a 10.8@136mph. that is with a pro driver. :bs: to this guy who thinks he has not 1 but 3 friends who run 9's. here is the link to the 10.8 civic.

http://modacar.com/dragsport_modacar.html

what cars are these, are the civics, preludes, elements? do you have any pictures. to me 408 idea sounds best. but i want to know more about these cars. if you were serious, you'll have no prob proving it. seriously jonny, you ssound like an importer, that goes on here, to check us(i guess the mustang crowd) out. hell i do it. my buddy got a S2000, so i go on their forums asking them questions. like a get to know the enemy type thing. but again, what cars are these, and what types of set-ups do they run, if you got some time slips and photos of the cars, that'd be great. oh yeah and dont mind my sig lol

~Steve

Mavrick said:
Wow, are you serious? You'll need turbo's, thats for sure.

No....he'll need NOS....lets make it two of the big ones....and Harry....he'll need it by tonight.....

O BTW, if those "hondas" :cough: ricer :cough:, are running that fast, they sure as hell aren't running around the streets all day, that would look so frikin ridiculous, two huge drag slicks on the front, just like NOPI Tunervision, lol losers, go drive off a cliff.