anyone build motors? i need to beat a honda.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah there are fast hondas in my area one running 11.95 and is rolled off a trailor since it's far from being a street vehicle.

Also LMAO @ 800hp streetable Honda what a pipe dream only retarded fruity morons can think off... Even Honda's top of the line 3.0L F1 V10 can hardly make it over 800hp... hahaha Stupid ricers should stop putting those 6" fart pipes up their asses before installing them on their pos cars.

Get a Dart 331 block, nice heads, huge carb and some wild turbo setup. That's a somewhat cheap setup that will net you a 1200hp Mustang that will run in the 9's or mid 8's... As was seen in the turbomustangs forums. Now that's not a pipe dream like any fart piper honda tard... We can ACTUALLY do this...

The last time I heard a story like this was a few weeks ago when one of my friends employees was telling me about his buddy's 10.0 street Civic. Those guys talked a lot of smack about the big turbo....26lbs of boost....until I called them out to the track. Over the weekend I laid down 12.53 on regular radials vs. their 12.80 all slicked out. I haven't heard a peep out of those suckers.... I have to admit though- that civic was making some mph! Too bad we weren't on the freeway!

Rick 91GT said:
I could build a DART based 347, high reving combo, EFI or carb for $10-15,000 that would go low 10's no issues.

Gary Brandt, of Brandt Racing, runs this exact combo on nitrous. 9.50's (or around there) @ 3000ft with a carb. Personally, I'm not that committed. He has more money into his motor than I have into my whole car. By no means a street car either.

vristang said:
This is good sh@#. Just like a sleezy woman... it smells bad, but it sure is fun!

:lol:

Seriously, I know a guy with a Civic (Egg) with an Integra B18 block (10:1 compression) and a turbo making like 18psi that got into the high 12s before it shat through the rings. I mean, it was pretty impressive for a budget build but 9's, come on. . .

ExplodingGopher said:
Wow, i must not have seen that before, bu that is hilarious, what actually is that though sticking out.

That is a Turbo. Sorry the pic is so small. There was a link in a thread here somewhere that would take you to an import site where this guy was trying to sell his car. Can't find the link now though. I think it was in a talk forum.

the hondas are two civic hatches and a del sol. i said they are street legel i never said they drive on the streets all day long. one civic drives on the street about 3 times a week to work, the other just drive to the track. they all have street tires they only run slicks at the track. here is one link to a civic. this is the one on the mid 10s w/ mid 700 hp. this is at RMR in utah.

http://www.blmotorsports.com/videos/BuckandKylevideo.wmv
http://www.blmotorsports.com/images/00 civic pics_/buckburnout3.JPG

the guy i know is on the right lane in the silver civic hatch.
ill see if i can get some time slips. you can see a 10.59 run on the video. none are on no2 but all are turbo. im waiting on the other two to send some links for thedel sol and the other civic. the two that BROKE into the nines did just that, they broke into the nines. they dont run 9s all day long.

now that thats out the way, on to the question of building a motor. i looked at, read, and printed the sticky. that only tells you how to swap, not how to build.

gojonnygo said:
i looked at, read, and printed the sticky. that only tells you how to swap, not how to build.

"how to build" can encompass alot of things. Are you looking for advice on parts, stroker size selection, or the actual assembly of the short block?

have you decided on a power adder, if any?

im looking for a good parts combo. i have already decided on a 408. i want to keep it n/a with high compression. i can assemble it just dont have much experience with building a high performance motor. it will be mainly a track car.

90mustangGT said:
Why do I smell BS here. Street legal or even streetable honda's running 9's in the 1/4? Where? I'm not into the import scene, but the only ones I saw was on TV and they were tube frame chassis cars that were shaped like Honda's and I doubt one part was even similar to real Honda. No offence but you just don't sound like your in the hotrodding thing too deep or for very long. Something tells me your buddys are a bunch of ricers feeding you a line of BS.

i agree A 700 hp honda :bang: and driving on the street??? BULL ****... like he said, maby 500 hp with 20 grand into it with turbo yea , even if that was possible 2 passes on full throttel and that thing is going to blow up. ive seen many guys running maby 350 hp hondas and not even fiishing the 1/4 bc the bent a valve or threw a rod. its like 10 lbs of **** in a 5 lbs bag :bs:

69-74 block, 750-850 carb (cheap, easy, fast). Victor JR intake, Solid roller of your choice. Keep the 408 about 6500 or less if you want it to live for a while. A 393 is a little better choice if you want to rev it a bit.

AFR heads 205 or 225 CFM should be more than enough and depending on your RPM.

One thing not to overlook is a good oil pan, windage tray and crankshaft scraper. This is almost free HP by keeping the oil off of the crank.

Belt drive and an MSD and you are all set.

A C4 with 3500-4500 stall and some 4:10's.

I have mouthed off with this combo before. If I ever get off my wallet to do anything, this is what I'd build for my car.

Actually Id keep my 351, bump the compression and add a solid roller with a decent converter (3500+ foot brake).

Forged crank and light rods/ pistons will go a long way.

ask who you want what you want. i said i wanted to keep up with them in the low- mid 10s. never said anything about 9s or 8s. all i asked for were some good combos, so the next time any of you that call troll and are threatend by a honda that you claim cant make any power b/c the only referance to hp and any knowlege of it you may think you have is from spike tv just click the red X. you asked for proof i gave you a video. if you dont want to believe me oh well. and to the person who said i was some kind of import spy coming over here to "see the competition" first why would i ask about a 351 if most mustangs still have a 5.0? second why would i care what you built on a v8 if i had a 4 cyl, nothing you have would fit or apply to a 4 cyl. and if anything would apply 1 i would never see you 2 if i ever did see you on the road i wouldnt know you or you know me so its not like im gunning for you personally to beat you in a road race. you said you do it on the import forums so who are you to talking? and the rest of you who keep saying all the stuff about extremly large amounts of hp and 8s and 9s and turning what i said around i suggest you slap your home school teacher who tried to teach you to read or wait untill your sober enough to remember what you read long enough to finish the sentence that your reading. im not the one who is dwelling on these hondas. but i do know a nice car and a hotrod when i see one weather it be a ford chevy honda or yota. for yall who dont, i would suggest you take your hand out of your pants and put down the picture of your own car and get out of your parents basement once and a while.

the ones who helped THANK YOU.

hllon4whls_ im going to try and keep it a efi motor and hopefully i can find a roller motor.

my opinion is that there is no need to find a roller motor. The conversion is too easy if you are rebuilding the block anyway. I think I had a how to on this in the 351w conversion sticky? If not I could post some pics, I think?

You keep coming back but you are still dwelling on the imports yourself. Let it go and lets move on. I'm bored.

By the way I'm not in my parents basement.

well i keep coming back to get informatioin on the questions i asked. if you could post the how to and a pick that would be great. i found an efi motor for 150 at the junk yard but passed on it b/c i wanted a rollor and did not know how to do the conversion.

thanks

well jonny, we asked to put up or shut up, and i guess you put up. i'll be the first to appologize formally. i take it you'll be looking for a 351 then, right? stroke it out to 393 or 408. honestly, i dont really know nothing about them, but if you were going to get a 5.0, remember this: not all are high output motors. on the top of the engine, on the intake, it will say 5.0 HO(high output). if it doesnt say that, then its crap. i mean 70hp differnce. all the 5.0 HO motors are roller motors. well all the ones in mustangs from 84 or 85 atleast.

~Steve

Well even if it's not an H.O. and if it's not a roller, for what you're doing it doesnt matter. You basically ust looking for a block and a wiring harness. Everything else you need to replace. To convert from non-ho to ho you need an HO cam, computer and switch the firing order on top of the dizzy. To switch from roller you need roller lifters and a roller cam so when u get a cam get a roller-HO cam.
Nothing on top of the motor is good enough for what you are doing. Even the botom end needs replaced for those #'s. So why not just get an aftermarket block while you're at it.
Come to think of it look at aftermarket shortblocks, that would be a good place to start.