Anyone Built a FOX from the ground up?? HELP! Suggestions!

White03Mach

Founding Member
Apr 23, 2002
Whats up dudes
Well I repoed my 92 LX convertible after it being flooded by Katrina and not getting $$ from the "buyer". The car got water OVER THE ROOF! I havent touched it yet but I think im going to gut it and spray rust converter ALL OVER!!! Reupholster the seats, clean the carpet and change jute, etc etc etc.

If yall can give me any suggestions on restoration supply places, any old working parts you have laying around and want to sell, tips on dying door panels, what to look for, and EFI to carb swaps (since it all got wet im getting rid of the EFI/PCM) I would greatly appreciate it. FEMA would not give me $$ for the car being flooded (Thank gosh my Mach is OKAY!)

But back to the point, Tips on changing the hydraulic fluid for the top, gutting and fixing, any sites with good parts. I want to get done with under $2000 in the car. It wont be a show car but I want to drive it since i already have it to keep my mach from getting beat up from everyday driving! Any help/PMs is welcomed. Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

buy a book called mustang performance II by mathis. I would completlt gut the car install the hidden frame rail like subs weld all the seams and do all the other cheap (mainly labor only stuff in the mathis book. Do you have a mig welder???? if you do you can have one bitchen ride. You can come to LA and cruise the junk yards for all the small stuff. chris

This is not as hard as you think. It would have been best to get to it asap after it got wet, but it can still be done. If it was salt water, rinse it in fresh, just like they say for jetski's.

Drain and replace the fluids, and see if you can get it to run.

Let it sit inside or in the sun if you can with the doors open and top open for as much as you can.

4wd guys sink trucks all the time and dry them out and keep going.

The foam in the seats may take the longest to dry out.

Not sure about the puter and the electrics. But I have run a Jeep well over the wheels, starter, alternator, and floor through water, and it kept going. Don't shut it off till you give it a chance to dry off some, though.