Anyone Driven the v6 yet?

01White5spd

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2002
New Jersey
I was wondering if anyone has driven the '05 v6 with a 5spd manual tranny. I had an '01 v6 that I just sold a couple months ago and with the 5spd it was a decent sports car especially since it was only $14,300 brand new.
With the new 4.0L engine and 210/240 hp/tq it sounds like the v6 could be a good budget sports car for those of us who cant yet afford a GT.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like to hear a review of the 6 as well but I have to disagree with 01white5spd that 6-owners (or soon-to-be-owners) are really looking for a GT but can't afford it. My wife and I commute together a total of up to 500 miles a week and with today's gas prices, mileage is a definite consideration. If we were "smart" we'd get a hybrid Honda or Toyota. However, we have decided we'd rather die than get yet another boring, androgenous (sp?) sedan, especially a Honda. Life is short and we're ready for something fun; our only concession to practicality is to get the slightly more fuel-efficient 6 rather than the 8.

Yep, I drove a V6 Auto (all that are available now) and I'll have to say... It's decently quick. I was very surprised at how well it moved the car. You just got to go and drive one for yourself though. Hard to explain acceleration and handling on the internet. It's worth the trip to drive one.

I picked up my Satin Silver V6, auto, IUP, today and I am very impressed with the handling of the car. Its tight and has great pickup. I had a 2000 before this one and the 05 definantly has more power. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 05v6.bmp
    75.1 KB · Views: 135