Anyone else fixing their annoyances?

My Cobra is getting a new clutch kit and a trans freshen up as we speak. I'm also installing the aluminum driveshaft that's been sitting around for 4 years.

My 81 notch needs the tail pipes tweaked away from the frame rails since they hit over the bumps and that's about it.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm slowly but surely fixing all the little problems with my car. Right now it needs rack bushings, C/C plates, alignment, new TOB, the rear end rebuilt, and just recently the Low Oil light came on, even though it isn't low. After almost 2 years of owning this car though, I STILL have a freaking hanging idle problem after trying so many things to fix it. I think about selling the car and the hanging idle is really the only reason why. This thing is just like all the old cars I've owned/messed with. Temperamental and one thing after another, except they were easy to make idle right......:mad:

I just replaced both my window motor bushings so my windows work like new.

Need to figure out this dumb currant draw I have, if the car sits for 1-1.5 weeks with the batt. hooked up the batt. will be dead. I am removing some add on items to make sure they are not the issue.

I want to redo my front susp. it is garbage...front tires are shot, it is all over the road, struts are done, and I want to add some 03/04 CA's.

Other than that I have had a blast driving it the last 2months.

Pull door inserts and tear out the old covering that was coming off and replace with upgraded upholstery from fabric store...this is tedious...

Buy high temp high flow cats to stop the stink and extreme loudness at WOT...

damn rattles everywhere, especily in the dash!!!!!!!!!!!

RE-do my H/C/I ....Gosh....*sigh*

I just picked from you guys problems.

AND i need a MM PANHARD BAR!!!

Pull door inserts and tear out the old covering that was coming off and replace with upgraded upholstery from fabric store...this is tedious...

Buy high temp high flow cats to stop the stink and extreme loudness at WOT...

damn rattles everywhere, especily in the dash!!!!!!!!!!!

RE-do my H/C/I ....Gosh....*sigh*

I just picked from you guys problems.

AND i need a MM PANHARD BAR!!!

Buy my panhard bar. It's practically new. It stopped some of the wheel hop and great for auto cross xcept - I don't autocross.

So far I accomplished all objectives but the cats and that's next week. Project enjoyable driveability nearing a close. Hollywood just use the soft end of the velcro for the dash rattles. It works great and cheap fix.

Hmmm...

- Small mystery coolant leak which I think might be a minuscule crack in my Mishimoto rad...i have to put about 16oz in the overflow tank every 2-3 months

- rattle in my e-brake that has something to do with Ford performing a ****ty recall on it which I never authorized...whenever I accelerate or I;m in a certain part of the power band, it rattles like a mofo

- passenger seat bolster rubs the door panel and squeaks rather loudly

- drivers seat frame is cracked so when I make a hard left turn, the whole seat leans to the right...better get that welded

- swap h-pipe to stock for my already overdue emissions testing

- get reverse light bulb

- buff out some mysterious scratches

God, it never ends. I'm making the 850 mile drive home from school on Monday and I'm praying to god it stays in once piece. :nice:

Yes under power is an annoyance but I over-fixed that one lol. :rlaugh:

"- Small mystery coolant leak which I think might be a minuscule crack in my Mishimoto rad...i have to put about 16oz in the overflow tank every 2-3 months

- rattle in my e-brake that has something to do with Ford performing a ****ty recall on it which I never authorized...whenever I accelerate or I;m in a certain part of the power band, it rattles like a mofo

- passenger seat bolster rubs the door panel and squeaks rather loudly

- drivers seat frame is cracked so when I make a hard left turn, the whole seat leans to the right...better get that welded

- swap h-pipe to stock for my already overdue emissions testing

- get reverse light bulb

- buff out some mysterious scratches"

1. make sure the rad is not in there too tight. Its a classic issue with those rads and the car flexes and breaks them! :(
2. I fixed the rattling e-brake by filling it with "great stuff"/,,,,, then it wouldn't go up or down! :eek: So I bought a new one with leather! :nice:
3. Pass seat bolster... - put some wax on both sides and that will be an immediate fix that lasts for a good while.

Oh man I forgot! Somehow mysteriously when the car was at Ford, they messed with the HVAC system and now my heat only comes out of the defrost vents by the windshield. I didn't find this out for like 6 months after they did work on my car because it was in the middle of the summer and I don't have a/c, leaving me no reason to check my vents. I tried to turn the heat on in the winter and it wouldn't come out the front vents or the floor vents, no matter what setting the heat was on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Oh man I forgot! Somehow mysteriously when the car was at Ford, they messed with the HVAC system and now my heat only comes out of the defrost vents by the windshield. I didn't find this out for like 6 months after they did work on my car because it was in the middle of the summer and I don't have a/c, leaving me no reason to check my vents. I tried to turn the heat on in the winter and it wouldn't come out the front vents or the floor vents, no matter what setting the heat was on. Anyone know how to fix this?

There's a vacuum line that runs from the vacuum tree to the interior. It goes through the firewall where the a/c runs to the interior. It connects to a big egg looking thing behind the glove box. If there's a break in that line somewhere, air will only come out of the defrost vents.

There's a vacuum line that runs from the vacuum tree to the interior. It goes through the firewall where the a/c runs to the interior. It connects to a big egg looking thing behind the glove box. If there's a break in that line somewhere, air will only come out of the defrost vents.

WOW, that's amazing that you know that! You just made my day man now I can try and have fully functional heat!

the main annoyances i have left are:

- the front end needs an alignment
- the radio and antenna suck
- the seats are in terrible condition
- the tranny doesn't always go into the right gear from the shifter
- the paint is old and faded and really needs to be redone
- the top doesn't fit quite right and the passenger's door catches on it when you close the door
- there is a slow coolant leak

the thing is, i don't really feel like putting any more money into the car anymore.

1. I'm usually complaining about how hot my car runs, not it's running too cold and it takes forever for the heat to kick in! Think I might go to a 195 thermostat again, at least for the winter.

2. The annoying rattle on my rear speaker covers is driving me insane!

3. My radio stopped working and is all static now.

4. Car hesitates when it's cold through the gears, almost like the timing is really retarded.

5. Indiglo gauges keep flickering, and most of the time stay off. This sucks at night because I can't see how fast i'm going, and leaves the inside really dark.

5. Indiglo gauges keep flickering, and most of the time stay off. This sucks at night because I can't see how fast i'm going, and leaves the inside really dark.

I have this problem too! The wires are loose to the knob that controls brightness, usually I just flick it and they come back on. I'm about to rip it out and just solder the two wires together with a resistor (lower the brightness a litte) and say f*** being able to adjust the brightness.

Irritating.

I have this problem too! The wires are loose to the knob that controls brightness, usually I just flick it and they come back on. I'm about to rip it out and just solder the two wires together with a resistor (lower the brightness a litte) and say f*** being able to adjust the brightness.

Irritating.

If you have indiglo gauges, you will be replacing the inverter constantly... FOREVER....