Anyone else gotten the 'thumbs up?'

Yeah, I said most. But unfortunately, that's the way it is. I know there are enthusiasts, but I know at least 90% of V6 owners are not. In fact, if I gave them a wave or nod, they probably wouldn't get it and would think I was some weirdo hitting on them or something.

I must say, how in the hell could you possibly know those stats are accurate? 90 percent?

Come on man, you're guessing. I think there are a LOT more enthusiasts with 6ers than you give credit for.

You mean to tell me that there are no Mustang enthusiasts that can't (or don't want to) pay upwards of $30k for one... so they opt for a 6? That's exactly why I got a 6, and I know I'm not the only one.

No offense, but your comments really do sound snooty.

• Sponsors (?)

One of the first weekends I got my car I had another SN95 mustang pull up next to me at a rest stop and talk to me for about 15 minutes. Other than that I get the occasional thumbs up, but I dont drive in my car very often either.

Gotta be honest, I kinda agree with Dark on this one. I always look for the other mustang drivers and 9 times out of 10, I get ZERO acknowledgement from v6 drivers, even if I pull up next to them and cruise at the same speed for a few seconds.

I must say, how in the hell could you possibly know those stats are accurate? 90 percent?

Come on man, you're guessing. I think there are a LOT more enthusiasts with 6ers than you give credit for.

You mean to tell me that there are no Mustang enthusiasts that can't (or don't want to) pay upwards of $30k for one... so they opt for a 6? That's exactly why I got a 6, and I know I'm not the only one.

No offense, but your comments really do sound snooty.

Snooty as they may seem, he is totally right. Go to any local car show or cruise-in, count the numbers. Add up how many 6'ers are there, and how many GTs or Cobras are there. Guarantee it's about a 10 to 1 ratio. Not saying there aren't enthusiasts driving the V6 models, but a HUGE percent driving those V6 cars are NOT enthusiasts, they are just using their stang as a dd, have no reason to mod it, no reason to show it, and aren't into hanging out with other stang owners. I don't have a problem with the 6'ers, especially as nice one modded out. But they are few and far between. :flag:

I used to get alot more thumbs up and compliments from my 02 than I do now in my 08 cs. I think a drop and nice wheels make all the diffrence.

I guess I can see your point.

On the flip side of the coin, there are quite a few people (at least here in town) that drive around in GTs plain-jane and boring as they come without knowing what their "grocery getter" actually is.

That's actually more upsetting to me than all the peeps who drive 6ers but aren't "enthusiasts."

I drive a 6, I go to shows, I hang out with 'stang folks, and I always acknowledge others on the highway (or wherever).

EIDT: I just noticed that my post count has been stuck at 10 for a LONG time. lol

The arguments put forth, I understand.

But saying that 1 in 10 mustangs at car shows are 6'es does not correlate to statistic fact that V6 owners are not enthusiasts.

I am certainly an enthusiast, yet i will likely never go to a car show. How do you account for the many like me? I highly doubt that I am a minority in this category.

You are right in saying the MAJORITY of enthusiasts own GTs or higher.

But as DarkFire said... at least 90 percent of V6 drivers not enthusiasts?

No way.

I go back to my previous statement. Judging by the remarks made, at least 90 percent of the Mustang enthusiasts out there have enough money to buy at least $27,000 on a GT?

So, by their nature, Mustang enthusiasts tend to be well off financially?

Doesn't hold water to me.

you V6 guys are taking it too personally. drive around. MOST V6 owners do not acknowledge you. dark said 90% because in his experience, it is 90%. where you live and your experiences may vary. nowhere did he say for a FACT 90% is set in stone.

we know who the enthusiasts are! they are right here on the forums discussing their love for the mustang. anyone taking time to talk about a car in their spare time is an enthusiast. just because you drive one does not make you an enthusiast.

when you are out driving, and notice another stang or other hot car, acknowledge them. dont rev up trying to race everyone, but show a simple gesture.

at the end of the day, it does not really matter who likes what as long as we like our own cars. :cheers:

Big Cat... yes you are right, mostly.

This debate is certainly not intended to piss anyone off. So let me make that clear.

My disagreement is with DF's assessment that 90 percent+ of V6 owners are not enthusiasts. I disagree, and I stated why I think so. And as a V6 owner and an entusiast, I felt compelled to offer a counterview.

This is a good-natured debate. No one's feelings are getting hurt here... and I'm not meaning to upset anyone.

Sorry if I have.

imo..80-90% of v6 owners want to drive the "mustang"..because its cool..Most dont appreciate a "true" enthusiast because they wouldnt know what one was if it came up and slapped them in the head..Mr . Embarcadaro, I think its time you visit your buddies in the v-6 forum, because your arguements are getting tiresome..Im sure you will get the responses you are after over there. Im sure they will love your Shelby Cobra Saleen CS Hertz Roush Steeda Boss mustang that you have created..Good day..

Steedman...

Wow man. I don't even know how to respond to that.

I have clarified ad nauseum that i am not trying to piss anyone off.

There is a difference between debating and fighting. I am debating... CLEARLY stating my opinions when I feel the urge to chime in. Yet at the same time I make it very clear that they are my opinions.

There are a lot of people here that routinely throw insults. I am NOT one of them.

Can I ask you what is wrong with presenting opposing points of view from time to time?

Why can't we all get along? I love all Mustangs, always have, always will. I tend to think many cars are overmodifed. I actually in some ways prefer a plain V6 to the Eleanor imitators out there. (I'm sure that will get some comments.) They are all Mustangs and why can't we like what we like without someone else getting upset?
At least we aren't driving Chevys.
I like the stealth look. I used to go to car shows. Rarely do any more. Too many people get to serious over winning, or not winning, a trophy.
Enjoy the thumbs ups and nod back. Let's quit picking on our Mustang brothers and sisters.