Anyone else notice there are a lot of junk 99-04 Mustangs on the road?

• Sponsors (?)

actually i see more nice 94-98 than 99-04 stangs seems like the later body styles get riced out more. i saw a gold v6 with a cheap body kit, fart can exhuast and chrome euro tails the other day.. i died a little inside

My stang is the most important thing I have in my life
I detail her every week looks like new. And no I'm not NUTS.
Just taken care of what I have worked hard for

Posted via Mobile Device

ya i saw one as well earlier today that had one of them black widow body kits and was painted black or dark blue with the bottom 2-3 inches not painted or painted silver or something and it had some stupid chrome ricer wheels. and ya like i said mine needs painted but i got in a wreck and have been rebuilding and building up since then. and once i have her put back together the next thing will be gettin her painted.

I have to agree about the junk mustangs. Mine gets a wax every month and I take care of it cause I worked for it.

But I see junk cars all the time, Being from Michigan they are already rusting, I see a Yellow 99 GT all the time, that has a hole through the rear quarters from rust.
And I saw another GT at a used car lot that was packed full of bondo, and another 99V6 thats beat to HELL and rusty. And on a last note I worked at a place and there was a 99GT that was running on v6 weels ripped converable top, rust on the window pillar and ripped up interior.

So yeah Michigan cars get hit the worst...expecailly when people dont take care of them

yes i alway see beat up ones......

you ever noticed how many junk 94-98's there are, almost every one i see is beat to death!

That is so true. My 96' is still in great shape though. I drive about 39 miles to work and 39 back everyday and I see the same beaters every day. The ones I can't stand the most are the ones that have original convertible tops that have duct tape covering all the holes.

the more miles on the cars, the more "junky" some are going to look. Why whine? If they failed early they'd all look pristine. Kind of like turbo RX-7's :D

Some people crap out their cars. The next people in line are ill-prepared to fix them up. The older they get, the more crapped out versions you'll see. Welcome to the world of reality :) It just jacks the price of the cars that are well-maintained. Ours, obviously, right? :D

0419081120.jpg

Soon enough you will see s197's the same way.

Already seen a few down this way. Just this morning I followed an 05+ car that was hit from behind and they taped a light and had a bungee cord holding the truck closed and what looked like a coat hanger supporting one of the mufflers.

Being an car enthusiast for so long you pretty much figure out that after a car is paid 5-6 years is when you start seeing junkers. When I first got my 2000 you were just starting to see 94-95 GTs that were just trashed, now it's more common to find them that way and rare to see a nice one. Fox body cars these days are 95% junk.

Way I see it the more beat up cars you see of your body style then the more you can appreciate your own car as you have control over the kind of shape it's in.

Bill

My notch stays tucked away and only comes out when the planets are aligned.

My '04 is subjected to all of the elements including salt. I wash it top and bottom with Salt Away and so far, no rust. I also coated the door seams with white lithium and the rear wheel lips and have used motorcycle chain oil/wax and fluid film where needed as well.

I always touch up the salt rock chips right away and do my best to comb over the car. I bought it as a family car and I tend to ensure that it lasts a long time. I was also fortunate that for the first four years in the PO's hands, she never saw winter. I pulled all four rotors off of it and put anti-sieze behind them and the rims get changed out for winter treads. I use a combo of Liquid Glass and Meg's #26 to keep her protected. The whacked out part is that I enjoy driving my 04 in the snow. Freaks people out that I can plow through 4 inches of snow in a Mustang GT.

I do have to agree though that most DD 'Stangs look terrible.