Anyone Else Ride Quads? (Banshee Pics Inside)

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
Shawnee, KS
Since I got burned out on building my SVO about a year ago, I bought a Yamaha Banshee to take up all my extra time (and money). I've rode motorcross for years but decided I wanted a change of pace so I picked up the Banshee. It's putting out ~60hp right now which is pretty crazy considering it weighs ~325 lbs (5lb/hp).

It's always interesting to see what other hobbies people have so I was just wondering if anyone else is into riding quads (specifically sport quads). If so, post pics if you've got them.

Here's a few pics of me riding around the local areas...jumping, sand pit, mud bog...
Shee.jpg

SandPit1.jpg

SandPit2.jpg

SandPit5.jpg

MudBog2.jpg

MudBog3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I used to back in high school, had a few different ones through the years First was a warior wich was alot of fun....but just to slow in the end. So I sold it and got a 250r wich riped! Had a bad crash with it though, was flying through some trails with some buddys of mine(most of the main trails are old train beds that they converted into snowmobile and atv trails), the trails were very dry so there was lots of dust and i was near the back of the pack. Came aroud a corner and one of my friends on a dirt bike had dropped the bike and was sliding down the trail, so without thinking I swerved around him and hit his bike. I flew off the 250 and landed on my back with my head facing forward and the 250r started to cartwheel and the front tire came down on my helmet. Knocked me out and gave me a bad concussion. Didnt hurt the quad to bad suprisingly but I had brused a couple ribs broke my arm(they said it looked like the tire might have hit my arm also) and my back was sore for months. So I sold the sucker after I fixed it back up and bought some different 250 bikes a honda and sold that and got a suzuki, which I like alot better so when I bite it, which is a given the bike doesnt folow me as much:)

quads are fun, i dont personally own one but my roomate has a polaris, we take it mudding all the time its great, and a buddy of mine has a raptor 660, that thing is bad azz ive went out to the sand pit around here with them a few times and the first time i went up one of those hills ill be the first to admit i was scared crapless, very exciting stuff....

I've ridden dirt bikes a little since I was little but never had mine own. My brother got a KX100 a few months ago so I just got a 99 Mojave 250 so I can go riding with him. I don't know how they compare to other quads/bikes but that little sucker pulls pretty well. It has a loooud aftermarket pipe so its always fun for getting on the neighbor's good sides and we'll just say we don't have to worry about cutting the grass for awhile. :rolleyes:

4bangstangvert said:
I just got a 99 Mojave 250 so I can go riding with him. I don't know how they compare to other quads/bikes but that little sucker pulls pretty well.

I'm not knocking on your quad, just informing you since you said you didn't know:

The Mojave has about 1/3 the power of a mildly modded Banshee and is about 80 lbs heavier...to say there is no comparison is an understatement...not to say a Mojave isn't a ton of fun...I know they are. :nice:

Stinger said:
I'm not knocking on your quad, just informing you since you said you didn't know:

The Mojave has about 1/3 the power of a mildly modded Banshee and is about 80 lbs heavier...to say there is no comparison is an understatement...not to say a Mojave isn't a ton of fun...I know they are. :nice:
You want power? And speed? Screw the banshee.. Get a Rage..
900cc 128hp
0-60 in 3.5sec.
Top speed 100+mph
6 speed Sequential Gearbox
Brembo Brakes
Limited slip
Faster then a Ferrari Enzo in the 1/4...

Better wear a helmet.
new_corp3.jpg

Dr.

sweet banshee stinger. I had a 2003 Suzuki z400. i did the 450 big bore kit, cams, exhaust and some suspension. Thing screamed.sold it to by a CBR 600 I have a buddy with an older banshee thats streched and built to hell and back. he built it for sand drags

You know they make turbo kits and nitrous kits for em right???? :D

Yeah, I've got a turbo sitting here that's just the right size...unfortunately I think having 150+hp would kinda take the usefullness out of the ride...kinda make it a straight line only type of a quad....if I had two Banshee's I'd do it in a heartbeat though.