Anyone else sporting Linksys products like me?

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
Top one-Broadband router with 2 phone line ports. I have my Vonage broadband phone service running through this one.

Middle one-Cable Modem with USB and Ethernet connections. I use this instead of renting a modem from Adelphia Communications.

Bottom one-Wireless Router with 4 port switch. I have two lap tops. One is my primary (which I'm on right now) and the other is from my Company. The Company laptop gets the Router card (not shown).

I'm sporting there catalog pretty well.

linksys.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I still have a motorolla cable modem that came with the cable internet service when I bought it. I'd get a Linksys, but seeing as it still works, I figure I'd be better off to just use the money for mustang parts.

My router is a Linksys tho and it rocks the house. I have never had a minute of trouble with it.

I'm rockin DLink networking crap myself.., but comps are my other hobby ;)

Pentium4 2.68ghz
GeForce 6600GT 128mb
Western Digital 120g HDD
2x 512mb pc2700 ddr
Viewsonic 19" E90fb

We use Linksys stuff at work 90% of the time. At home, Im using the crappy dsl modem from SBC, and an old compaq machine running linux as my router/file server/webserver. I've been planning on upgrading my personal comp to an Athlon 64, but I keep spending all my money on the stang. :rlaugh:

VibrantRedGT said:
Weak, my 6 year old has better stuff. :D Except he has the same 19" monitor you have.

hehe Who said it was good? :shrug: Just bought that video card and an 19" lcd.. for an 18yo with a crappy job and a car that sucks gas like a .. something that sucks a lot of gas, building comps has its limits.. and your 6 year old didnt buy his own stuff / build it / oc it:p

;)

yup thats what i got. My first router got fired in a storm so i bought a Belkin which was a PIECE OF **** so i went back to the linksys stuff. Having issues with my router i can plug my pc into the modem and it works fine when i go through the router it can't find a connection? Any ideas?

My router is linksys and my cable modem is as well.

Comp is 2.0 AMD 64bit processor.
geforce 6600GT 128MB pci express
250GB SATA HD
512x2 ddr 400
DVD burner and too many firewire/usb connections.
Scott

I just setup my lynksis wireless router with cable modem a couple of weeks ago. The only problem I have is that I can't get the router to send a secure signal. That means that anyone in my apartment building with a wireless card can get a signal from my router. How do you guys make a secure wireless connection with this stuff? Thanks.

i dont think you can pleasehelp, but if you can, not many do it because they dont know about it.

I bought some cheap ass wireless ****, and it was worthless. I should've spent the xtra and got linksys, we ended up just running wires, and now i have wired shared broadband.

pleasehelp said:
I just setup my lynksis wireless router with cable modem a couple of weeks ago. The only problem I have is that I can't get the router to send a secure signal. That means that anyone in my apartment building with a wireless card can get a signal from my router. How do you guys make a secure wireless connection with this stuff? Thanks.

Look for WEP encryption and enable it. It's impossible to keep everyone from picking up your signal, but with the WEP enabled they will need a key to access it.

pleasehelp said:

When wireless was getting popular in Hotels (before they issued access codes) we use to fire up the laptops in the parking lot. I wasn't staying at the Hotel just needed to do some work on the fly. :D