anyone ever use E7's on a 351

Bigstang1

Founding Member
Aug 28, 2002
Massachusettes
I want to put my 351 in this winter and was wondering if i can use my E7 heads that i upgraded the springs on and put new seals in. I know i will have to drill the holes for the head bolts cause they are bigger on the 351. i think E7's have a 64 cc chamber. anyone know what 351 heads have? its a 1990 351. i am concerned with what kind of compression and piston to valve issues im going to have. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

So your saying the stock 351 heads flow better than the e7's? I am planning on a 408 in the future but i want to get everything setup and in the car for the first time before a paint everything and make it look good. I may run that setup for a summer or two before building the motor. i am just trying to make the best possible setup from what i have for the time being.

everyone always dogs the e7 head, but we must remember that it was designed for a 5.8L motor before it was adapted to the mustang.

my bronco has the e7 heads, and is no dog. Don't expect much, but I wouldn't worry about it for the time being.