Anyone from North Carolina??

dreddstang

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Waldorf, MD
I may be moving there shortly, not sure yet but it's a real possability.

If so, it'll be about 30 miles south of Raliegh, in Willow Springs. Some important questions need to be answered though:

1. How far to the closest track facility?

2. ANy good clubs in the area?

3. How about some cruise nights (important source for drinkin buddies!)?

• Sponsors (?)

dreddstang said:
I may be moving there shortly, not sure yet but it's a real possability.

If so, it'll be about 30 miles south of Raliegh, in Willow Springs. Some important questions need to be answered though:

1. How far to the closest track facility?

2. ANy good clubs in the area?

3. How about some cruise nights (important source for drinkin buddies!)?

I live in Charlotte but travel through Raleigh pretty often. I've never been to any tracks in NC but the one I seem to hear the most about is Rockingham Dragway (I think that's the name...)

Not sure about how far it is from Raleigh, but I don't think it's too horribly far away. There are numerous 1/8mi tracks here and there but Rockingham is the only 1/4mi strip that I know of...

Maybe some of the Raleigh locals will chime in with more info on this and your cruise questions

Oh, and welcome to NC :)

-J

Starting in May there are cruise-in's every weekend. The Char Grill the first Saturday of each month is in Raleigh and parking is kinda limited. Garner has the largest every 3rd Saturday at Grill 57 and on a good weekend you'll easily get over 100 rides just cruising in and parking. Good Times!!