anyone have a custom axleback made

• Sponsors (?)

i had the exact same thing done to my car that you're talking about. I got the dynomax bullets, because of the cost, and the sound is really awesome. I took the car to the muffler shop and had them take the stock mufflers off, but you could do that yourself since they're not welded to the pipe. Then they bent up a piece of tubing so that mufflers would fit in place sine the bullets aren't offset and the stocks are double offset. Just make sure you take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. I didn't and they screwed up royally. All in all i ended up paying $147: $77(mufflers) and $70(installation). If i had it all to do over again i would take it to a real mufflers shop and have them bend me some tubing that started past the stock h pipe and lined up perfectly with the exhaust outlets on the back bumper. But the sound alone is most definitley worth it. I would post sound clips if i knew how. I say go for it man!

i was thinking of having the mufflers cut out of my violator axleback, then running pipe and tips from the bend, so it is still removable, and having the race bullets welding in the catback piping before the axle, similar to the 99-04 or any other year.

yeah that would probably be the easiest way to do it. I was sort of required to have mine done that way. My dad wanted me to be able to have the stock mufflers put back on if was too loud. So far no complaints. The race bullets are an excellent choice, although they have an annoying drone at about 2500 rpm, but during highway driving i can't even tell that they're there- at least not from the inside. yours will probably be a little louder since you'll be sitting on top of them.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• DSCF0857.JPG
    DSCF0857.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF0858.JPG
    DSCF0858.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 83
More pics
as you can see the welding wasn't that great, new piece of pipe is smaller than the stock pipe. I also bought new tips. Cheap chrome one's from O'Reily's. The tips are 3.5 inches in diameter. Also watch your exhaust hangers if the shop uses the stock hanger mounts and the new hangers don't line up in the notches on the mounts you will have a super annoying hanger rattle. I had to take it back to get it fixed.

Attachments

• DSCF0859.JPG
    DSCF0859.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0860.JPG
    DSCF0860.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 95