Anyone Have a Plexiglas Cowl Cover They Don't Use?

• Sponsors (?)

its a good cover, held on my the three knobs that depress and twist a locking tab underneath the openings. between the plexiglass and cowl is a thin strip of foam to prevent any chaffing of the paint. can't speak for the magnetic ones

A friend of mine has one of the better plexiglass covers. The foam does leave an imprint in the paint if it is not removed at times and cleaned and waxed. The marks are noticeable at about 5 to 8 feet away.

I use the magnetic material from a sign shop. I drive mine on a regular basis so it does not get a chance to mark it. I have driven up to 70 or more with it on also.

If I left any cover on very long, I would look for a way to better protect the paint.

My stang is not my daily driver and is usually only driven when weather is sunny. So the cover will only be mounted when weather changes suprisingly to rain or when i`m driving a vintage street-rallye and driving to the garage is not an option. I think the cover will only be mounted 1 or 2 times a year for a day at maximal, so i dont think the paint will be affected through the foam. (i hope so!) :D

Thanks for the input :nice:

My stang is not my daily driver and is usually only driven when weather is sunny. So the cover will only be mounted when weather changes suprisingly to rain or when i`m driving a vintage street-rallye and driving to the garage is not an option. I think the cover will only be mounted 1 or 2 times a year for a day at maximal, so i dont think the paint will be affected through the foam. (i hope so!) :D

Thanks for the input :nice:

Thats what I use mine for. Its only on the car when its outside and it looks like rain or I have to park under trees that are dropping a lot of leaves etc. So, its only on for short periods of time. I think the foam on it is neoprene. I would definitely makes sure there is a good coat of wax on the car if it is going to stay on for long periods of time.

For anyone that gets it, keep the box to store it in, so that the foam doesn't get messed up.