Anyone have PORTING experience with E6 castings?

Hey guys,

I want to use the E6 for the reason it is something new to me, and I am always up for something new to experiment with.

Now, I am using these heads on a backup "emergency" engine(thus the downsize from aluminum heads,and the engine is in place just to have the car running while repairing the blown one).

I am going to be running my old twin turbo system thru it with about 14psi.

I cannot find any flow charts of technicall data on these head castings, other than they have a big combustion chamber.

I already gasket matched the intake ports to felpro 1250's and the exhaust ports to a generic Mac shorty header gasket. Basically the flow path is straight thru and very smooth, no rough edges other than a NITCH on the exhaust sides(4 on each head), there is some casting material or what not that is about 1/4 of an inch and is definantly holding back on exhaust exit. What is under this piece of metal? I have not yet grounded that off.

I just want someone to tell me how much is enough for these heads, and what size valves are most recomended for this specific setup. I have E7 valves laying around, but I prefer bigger and have many sizes available to me... I just do not have the specifics to know how much is enough for these heads.

If someone can give me the exact maxed out valve size, I can send these out to the machine shop first thing in the morning to have them oversized.

So if anyone has had the experience with these heads, I appreciate it!

Thank you!
Pete :nice:

• Sponsors (?)