Anyone have problems with Fel-Pro Head Gaskets

• Sponsors (?)

i blew a set of felpro replacement gaskets (came with re-ring kit, not sure if they aare 8548s?) with my old untuned combo (thumpers, b-cam) and 9 psi

ran great but i didnt have any BTM or anything and was getting too much spark and ended up blowing a HG, took a few months but it did go.

currently i am running the 9333s and they seem to holding fine, got a little hotter combo now, TW heads and f-cam with 10-11 psi and this time i have control of fuel and spark so i am in the safe zone. no problems yet.

i would think 99% on blowing HG issues are more tune related or installation error than the actual gasket itself.

like what for instance? it went waaay to soon. the HP is only about 500 to the wheels, with 11lbs of boost.

only 500rwhp huh, lol. The term "only" is really not fitting for that statement.

Detonation kills head gaskets, even a tank of bad gas and you could be in trouble.
Bascially if the engine ever goes lean, regardless of why, you could be in major trouble.
Torqued poorly is another reason.
Poor deck or head surface, anytime you pop a HG you should have the heads checked, even brand new heads sometimes aren't flat.

The only HG's i hear about failing because of the gasket itself are cometics.