Anyone have Steeda Sport Springs? Come in.

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
I'm looking to do springs soon and I've heard a lot of good things about Steeda's Sport Springs.

So I'm asking out there who has them and what do you think?

I want to know if anyone out there has had any alignment problems with them or since they've had them? Also did you buy anything else with the springs to assist in the lowering process or alignment process, example: Adjustable Camber plates, Panhard bar, LCA Relocation brackets, etc?

How does it ride? And does anyone drag race with them?

And Lasty, PICS!:hide:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have the sports but I do have the ultralites, which are only 3% softer. It does ride a little stiffer but not bad. I did D-specs too at the same time. My camber did go negative with the drop so I got J&M camber plates. I also put a BMR adjustable panhard bar on even though I didn't really need it - after the drop the rear was dead-on centered - but I figured what the heck I already bought it so I might as well use it.

I don't drag..yet. waiting for the blower before I try that.

Running ultralite version which are hollowed out to reduce weight. The ride is firm but not unbearable. The handling is greatly improved especially on curves. I'm running camber shims from Steeda which returned my camber back to limit inside tire wear. The car handled better without the shims, but for now I'm more interested in tread life. You will like the feel and look of your car with a stance closer to the ground.

Running ultralite version which are hollowed out to reduce weight. The ride is firm but not unbearable. The handling is greatly improved especially on curves. I'm running camber shims from Steeda which returned my camber back to limit inside tire wear. The car handled better without the shims, but for now I'm more interested in tread life. You will like the feel and look of your car with a stance closer to the ground.

your car was out alignment after the ultra lights?

i know a couple guys told me with the steeda sport springs they were still within alignment spec. hm

you'll need an alignment regardless of how much you lower it....the camber bolts are so you can get the car within factory specs, all they do is allow for alittle extra adjustment so you don't have to spend $200+ for caster/camber plates. I have the prokit and camber bolts and the car is now within factory spec, no need to spend that extra money for the plates at this time.

To install them all you need to do is jack the car up high enough to get access to the two lower bolts on the strut, don't even need to remove the wheel necessarily.

Here's a link for camber bolts for purchase.

camber bolts mustang - Google Product Search

Here's another link for pics

steeda sport springs - Google Image Search

you'll need an alignment regardless of how much you lower it....the camber bolts are so you can get the car within factory specs, all they do is allow for alittle extra adjustment so you don't have to spend $200+ for caster/camber plates. I have the prokit and camber bolts and the car is now within factory spec, no need to spend that extra money for the plates at this time.

To install them all you need to do is jack the car up high enough to get access to the two lower bolts on the strut, don't even need to remove the wheel necessarily.

Here's a link for camber bolts for purchase.

camber bolts mustang - Google Product Search

Here's another link for pics

steeda sport springs - Google Image Search

thx sick that does save a lot of money. You got BMR's bolts?

well the first alignment the car got was at ford and it hadn't settled so they put the front end within specs keep in mind this was the very next day after it was lowered.... it settled after a couple weeks which i didn't notice until the abnormal tire wear as you could tell on the insides of the tires that came on the rims...I went to gattos for an alignment not expecting the addition of camber bolts since everyhting was peachy at ford and sure enough they called me in a showed me it needed them since they couldn't get anymore adjustment out of it....I don't think mine are a name brand but they do the job however. If your not going as low as even the prokit you may not even need them but if you want to play it safe it won't hurt a thing be sure and buy them and install them yourself ahead of time. Some people with the prokit needed them while others didn't...weird stuff mang.