Anyone here good in trig?

all of these complex formulas, think of it on the xy (complex) plane and think of it as the y value being the coefficient of i, then you graph it and use a^2 + b^2 = c^2 to get the magnitude and your soh cah toa to get the angle

thinking of it this way will make stuff a lot easier... i guess i could make a pic if you need it

• Sponsors (?)

donjohn said:
Nagash01WS6, has his **** down, except for the potential value of this stuff, depending on your major... now i'm only lower division electrical engineering but we use this stuff all the time

1105, when you need the magnitude, you take the square root of both the x^2 + y^2 variables: so magnitude of vector 4+3i = 5 bc sqrt(4^2 + 3^2) = sqrt25 = 5

??? Potential Value?

And Im going for Aerospace. Still working on prereqs right now.

Nagash01WS6 said:
??? Potential Value?

And Im going for Aerospace. Still working on prereqs right now.

this is just what i was referring to

Nagash01WS6 said:
Calc is easy compared to the end of trig. All this stuff is BS and I have yet to use it.

i'm surprised you don't use this stuff all the time working on your course classes for aerospace... my bad if i sounded like an ass, i was just saying that in some topics it proves helpful to remember it the first time

donjohn said:
this is just what i was referring to

i'm surprised you don't use this stuff all the time working on your course classes for aerospace... my bad if i sounded like an ass, i was just saying that in some topics it proves helpful to remember it the first time

Its cool... didnt sound like an ass... but im with you, easier to remember the first time. I hate having to go back to remember something. But after not using it for 5 months and only seeing it for a few days... it drops out real quick. Still doing prereqs though... I want to start over at Embry Riddle in the summer and work my ass off over there though when I get done with prereqs. They should have a nice grant deal running by that time too... they are offering a 4k grant to students who went to DBCC like myself and Zach. They also offer a 1k grant if you know someone that goes to Riddle. I cant wait for Calc 2 and Physics in the Fall!