Anyone here know anything about Avon tires?

Imyourzero

Learned that lesson as a horny teenager with lots
Founding Member
Mar 10, 2002
Hoonose, U.S.A. Posts: 39,051
So my Goodyear Gatorbacks are getting worse for the wear... I'm looking at high performance all-seasons. I want something that'll stick to the road, yet be halfway decent all year round. I was looking on TireRack and the reviews of the Avon M550 A/S are very positive. However, I have never run Avons and I do not know anyone who has.

Another choice was the BFGoodrich Traction T/A--I liked the high treadwear rating on them and the traction ratings are great, but when I asked a few people about this tire they suggested that I stay away from BFG. :shrug:

I know neither of these have a cool tread pattern, but I need something practical or else I may have to sell the Stang. This past winter was rough; anything more than a light dusting and my tires were useless. I know I could have gotten Blizzacks but I'd rather not have to switch between sets of tires...

So does anyone have experience with Avon tires? Any recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

I had avons on my last set of wheels. They were the more sporty summer series (stickier/softer then the ones your showing there) I didnt mind them at all. Quiet tires. Good price. Seems to grip 'alright' and they wore down quicker then other tires I have had. But I was happy with them.