anyone in Louisiana ?

When you say excellent what do you really mean? The car by my house is in average cond. The drivers seat is torn and there are some dash pieces missing. As far as the exterior, it has a small rust spot on the left fender that is bubling through the paint. There are some stress cracks in the paint on the front bumper but overall the body is in good shape. It would still be a project in itself.

• Sponsors (?)

saltymaz said:
Way better than my car though. Ask him how much he wants.
also, Im hoping it was originally a GT so i wont have to change out the suspension.
Is the motor still in it even?
A grand OBO. I'd have to ask him if it was a GT since I only had a few minutes to look before I had to head off to work. It has no motor or tranny. The interior looked easily repairable or quick replacement of everything/ He had the fan shroud and radiator in the back seat. Oh and it is a trunk model. There was a Cobra emblem stuck to the dash. I guess he will throw that in at no charge. There is another 88 or better near me too. He is asking 2500 for it and has been trying to sell it for a long time. It looks to be in excellent shape although I see him with the hood up all of the time.

coramprat said:
A grand OBO. I'd have to ask him if it was a GT since I only had a few minutes to look before I had to head off to work. It has no motor or tranny. The interior looked easily repairable or quick replacement of everything/ He had the fan shroud and radiator in the back seat. Oh and it is a trunk model. There was a Cobra emblem stuck to the dash. I guess he will throw that in at no charge. There is another 88 or better near me too. He is asking 2500 for it and has been trying to sell it for a long time. It looks to be in excellent shape although I see him with the hood up all of the time.

If the paint / brakes/ suspension is all good, I am def intrested..
Hook me up with a phone #

iluv95stangs said:
The one you looked at for 1000 obo, is it the yellow one on Arnold Rd? If it is you were right across the street from my house.
That's the one...I live right around the corner from you on Avants (actually corner of Avants and Savannah)...NOW I DO REMEMBER YOUR CAR...I've seen you pass in front of my house. There is a grey Probe on the circle drive in front of my house..hell stop by sometime.

Anyway...do you have any info on that car we are talking about?

drewzx3 said:
I am in Bogalusa. Not that far from you. You know how to get the timing and all that good stuff right on the dohc motor?
We could research it. As long as you don't move the crank during the install the timing shouldn't be an issue. A head swap is pretty involved though and I wouldn't want to touch it unless we had some more expertise. I mean I would do it on my car but with someone elses it wouldn't be a good idea unless you were willing. Have you been on the Focus forums to see if anyone has some info? The cam and intake swap is pretty straight forward. Again some research would determine if it was something easy or better left up to a professional.

coramprat said:
That's the one...I live right around the corner from you on Avants (actually corner of Avants and Savannah)...NOW I DO REMEMBER YOUR CAR...I've seen you pass in front of my house. There is a grey Probe on the circle drive in front of my house..hell stop by sometime.

Anyway...do you have any info on that car we are talking about?

I did see the car while it was running. The interior leaves a lot to be desired. If I remember right he had some wiring problems with the electric fan and such. I think maybe it is not worth 1000. Maybe somewhere in the area of 700 or so. I do know he is looking for a good LT1 block, so if you could get a hold of one he would probably trade for it.

I will have to stop by and I have seen your car. I pass through there every morning on my way to work.

coramprat said:
We could research it. As long as you don't move the crank during the install the timing shouldn't be an issue. A head swap is pretty involved though and I wouldn't want to touch it unless we had some more expertise. I mean I would do it on my car but with someone elses it wouldn't be a good idea unless you were willing. Have you been on the Focus forums to see if anyone has some info? The cam and intake swap is pretty straight forward. Again some research would determine if it was something easy or better left up to a professional.

I have talked to a few guys about it and they say it isnt to difficult. I cant find anyone close to me on the focus forums that can do it. It would probably be better for you to talk to the guy that i am getting the head from because you would probably understand more than me when he says what to do and not to do. If we decide to do it together when would you be able to do it?

coramprat said:
Drew...have you picked up a Haynes or Chilton's Manual? You can read through that and see how difficult it is. It will let you know what issues you would have making a headswap.

I have a Haynes plus I am getting a repair cd with everything and the guy i bought it from said the cd was better than the manuals. He said we could do it that it wasnt that complicated its just gettin the timing right and having the motor at tdc and he is sending me a tool to make sure its at tdc. If you have some in depth questions about it you can email the guy at [email protected] his name is Jeff. If we would run into any problems I can call him or there is another shop where i got the cams from I can call.

saltymaz said:
Hey, tell me more about that car.
How far gone is the paint??
It actually looks pretty decent. There are some stress cracks on the bumpers but other than that is is ok. The interior looks pretty messed up but could get by with some cleaning and seat covers. maybe 95 Stang can get more info. I went by today and no one was home.