anyone interested in a new watts link and a 3 or 4 link in here

cool, well keep me informed. hopefully i'll have mine home by the end of february or the middle of march. if need an engineering mule let me know:D

yeah the upper and lower arms will definitely be different but most everything else should be the same, except for maybe the rear shock attachment brackets, the cougar springs are longer than the mustangs in the front and back of the axle but i'm not sure if the tie down points are different or not.

• Sponsors (?)

rearward mount - longitudinal strength vs. vertical?

As far as tailpipes go....We are shooting to be able to run them. It shouldn't be too horrible...There is alot going on in a small area, but our goal is to offer a tube section that you can use to get through all the geometry...

We do utilize the tie-downs...our rear shock-bracket picks up both tie-down holes...Packaging and strength were two of the contributors...

The selection of tailpipes is insanely good news if you're able to meet that goal! My current dumps are pretty loud, two reputable local exhaust shops couldn't get 2.5" Magnaflow pipes past the Watt's.

I think I finally understand the "strength" of the rearward facing shock mount, light bulbs just went off. Think about it - how strong is your frame rail and unibody structure with a pulling/pushing force fore and aft in the plane of the frame rail and the whole unibody along the length of the car, rather than vertically? I can't see how there would be any flex in the direction of pulling the car apart by pushing backwards on two holes in the rear frame rail. Pretty damn ingenious, if I'm understanding it correctly. Especially so on a convertible with little vertical strength! :nice:

WOW. Thats hot. Sorry I am late on this I totally forgot about this link. Somebody buy one so we can see how well it does compared to the other competiton. Exhaust looks like a pain but damn... Great innovation guys.
Kevin

Production Units Available....

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update on the Vintage TriLink. The production units are in, and if we must say so, turned out pretty nice :D

We snapped a few quick photos, but will be posting a few more as the week goes by.

http://www.evolutionmsport.com/evmCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=47

(scroll to the bottom for photos)

The images that we have up now do not include any of the fasteners/spacers, but you should get a pretty good idea of what everything looks like. In the next day or so we should have some photos of the production unit installed on the car….

Thanks…Mike

yeah but im not sure if i have many options because it was going into my 72 and tcp puts their kits for 65-70. when evm is 65-73. maybe I can weld it to the subframes connectors since they take the same spot? or is that just a totally unsafe crazy idea?

More photos added last night

Check them out towards the end. Coming a little closer:http://gallery.mac.com/jbauder#100048&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=17

Won't be done until Monday or Tuesday. I'm glad I didn't take this job on myself - there have been a lot of little details that would have taken a lot of time and cursing. Taking off OEM leafs is never fun, my brakes had to be flipped around, and some of the torque specs in my early version of the instructions were off - one of the bolts was listed as an 80+ lb.-ft torque, and it sheared off. I'm sure the final, completed instructions will have this fixed, so Dodgestang should have an easier time of it. It's a time-consuming install, but all the adjustments are there inherent in the design to make it fit right.

I am VERY glad that the 3rd link cradle slid right in with no hassle. Even though I have had the frame checked before the floorpan was replaced, and later, subframes run through the subfloor, I had nagging concerns about the rear end frame alignment/integrity. Seems it is right about on spec, or at least similar to EvM's test mule.

Did I mention it looks badass? :D To each his own, but I like having all that engineering thought into a well-balanced rear suspension. Next week I'll be able to see if the proof is in the pudding, or the seat-of-the-pants meter. :nice:

Plus, coming from PA originally, I like the idea of supporting an innovative small business in Pennsylvania.

updated with more pics, it should all be done tomorrow. A few tech notes: your fuel lines will ned to be re-routed, at least on a '70, since on the driver's side there was some interference with the coilover. And if you have Baer rear discs, no matter what the orientation you put them in, your parking/emergency brake won't fit . . . looks like I'll be carrying around parking chocks/blocks-'o''-wood when I park on a hill. I have been thinking about alternate emergency brakes, anyone have any ideas? I am willing to go with a different set of rear brakes . . . but not back to drum. (aesthetics, mostly)

It's done! With updated pics. The ride is amazing - feels like a "slot car", as the shop owner who worked on it said. Taking a turn a little too fast, it feels like the rear end is right under your seat - real "seat of the pants" feel of how the rear tires are doing - rather than the vague feeling I had from my OEM leafs (even with Watt's) and worn rubber bushings. You feel a little more of an initial "jerk" on low-speed acceleration, not a nuisance, more like it is setting in and going where you want it to, especially just out of a turn. A little more vibration from the diff is evident - I can hear a slight whine when I put my foot in it at low RPMs. Since there are now solid heim joints connecting the diff to the trans tunnel through a 3rd link, this is understandable.

I can't feel any bind or any unpredictability anywhere, like you might get with certain 4-link, or "quadrabind" designs. I haven't pushed the limits yet, just some aggressive street driving, but there are my impressions so far. The whole car feels much more poised. What really surprises me is that, even with the heim joints and not bushings, the ride isn't too harsh. It's stiff back there without feeling harsh. The rear doesn't give too much when pushing down firmly on it, but the ride is still pretty smooth.

I'll try to get a few more miles in in the next few days, but wanted to put up an initial ride report here. More new photos as well - see link above.