Anyone interested in an HID group purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

none eh, that makes me lose faith in sending him my HID kit and hoping he sends it back.

you said you're able to make the bezel and shroud yourself, are you able to make a set for me as well?there's a reacharound and a few bills in it for you ;)

I got a response:

-----Original Message-----
To: Johnny <>
Subject: Re: bezel and shroud
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Johnny,
You will have to update me as to what service you are
requesting now. I remembered that you were only
interested in a custom shroud/bezel for your
projector. If that is still the case, please know
that I only require the projector and not your entire
headlight for this service. I will not be able to
remove the projector from your headlight unless you
are actually going to purchase a retro fit from me.
This means that if you are still only interested in a
custom shroud/bezel, you will have to remove the
projector from the headlight yourself and then ship me
this projector. As for the quality of the kit you
have referenced, I have no personal experience with it
myself. Keep in mind that some companies will rebadge
products as genuine Philips or Hella when in fact they
are knock-offs. Philips and Hella do not make HID
ballast for 9007 bulbs so if this kit truly is made by
Philips or Hella, it would have to be a rebased kit.

In addition, you should understand that by choosing to
go with a 6000k bulb, you are sacrificing lumens for
the blue color. As for pics, you can view these links
which are from my website. I can provide you
additional pics if you require.

http://mysite.verizon.net/dinhdu/Retro/mustang_12.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/dinhdu/Retro/mustang_32.jpg

Let me know if for have any addtional questions.

Regards,
John

the bolded part worries me. I was estatic to read that the ballast and such are made by such well known brands, but John tells me they don't make it for our size?

Stang|ess said:
I got a response:

-----Original Message-----
To: Johnny <>
Subject: Re: bezel and shroud
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Johnny,
You will have to update me as to what service you are
requesting now. I remembered that you were only
interested in a custom shroud/bezel for your
projector. If that is still the case, please know
that I only require the projector and not your entire
headlight for this service. I will not be able to
remove the projector from your headlight unless you
are actually going to purchase a retro fit from me.
This means that if you are still only interested in a
custom shroud/bezel, you will have to remove the
projector from the headlight yourself and then ship me
this projector. As for the quality of the kit you
have referenced, I have no personal experience with it
myself. Keep in mind that some companies will rebadge
products as genuine Philips or Hella when in fact they
are knock-offs. Philips and Hella do not make HID
ballast for 9007 bulbs so if this kit truly is made by
Philips or Hella, it would have to be a rebased kit.

In addition, you should understand that by choosing to
go with a 6000k bulb, you are sacrificing lumens for
the blue color. As for pics, you can view these links
which are from my website. I can provide you
additional pics if you require.

http://mysite.verizon.net/dinhdu/Retro/mustang_12.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/dinhdu/Retro/mustang_32.jpg

Let me know if for have any addtional questions.

Regards,
John

the bolded part worries me. I was estatic to read that the ballast and such are made by such well known brands, but John tells me they don't make it for our size?
that worries me too. first thing i would do is write Matt an email asking about the manufacturer. I'm sure he will deny it and say they are genuine Phillips, but that way you have some documentation just for some "what if"s.

after doing some more research on the HID lighting, it looks like the plug and play HIDs kinda suck, and in order to get a clean, bright looking light, im gonna need a set of projectors from a BMW or Audi :shrug: anyone have plans like this? its lookin expensive:notnice:

and is there any difference between 1)cutting my current headlight housings and fitting in some projectors or 2)just buying a set of mustang projector headlights?

DerekStangGT said:
after doing some more research on the HID lighting, it looks like the plug and play HIDs kinda suck, and in order to get a clean, bright looking light, im gonna need a set of projectors from a BMW or Audi :shrug: anyone have plans like this? its lookin expensive:notnice:

and is there any difference between 1)cutting my current headlight housings and fitting in some projectors or 2)just buying a set of mustang projector headlights?
Who cares if the plug and play kit is not as good as projectors? It's still better than stock and easy to switch out for inspections. Also projectors look like A$$ on mustangs.

Green Flea said:
Who cares if the plug and play kit is not as good as projectors? It's still better than stock and easy to switch out for inspections. Also projectors look like A$$ on mustangs.
i dont really care how they look, as long as i can see the well lit road ahead of me.

EDIT:and inspections dont bother me at all. i guess thats one of the perks of being a certified state emmisions/safety inspector ;)

DerekStangGT said:

According to everything I read, aftermarket projectors are worse as far as light dispersion than using your stock housings. That's not including retrofitting a genuine set of HID projectors, mind you.

Here's a email from Matt, who's been reading this thread:

"Just to let you know, I can get the 4300K HID and the 12000K HID. I will be getting pics of the 4300K kit this weekend so you can refer people to our site. Thanks man!

PS: I have seen some people's responses about who really makes the ballasts. All I know is, that our supplier has told us the ballasts are made by Philips. I wouldnt sell the HIDs if they gave me problems. Out of the 500+ kits we've sold, we've had 4 people whos ballast didnt work from the factory. That is less than a 1% defect rate. Also, each HID kit carries a one year warranty. So, if something went wrong, we would replace the defective part free of charge. Just more information you can pass along to people. Thank you!

Matt"

san~man said:
DerekstangGT, you still in?
yessir, im still in. the one year warranty on everything puts my mind at ease some more, plus Matt seems like a good businessman to deal with.
one question though if anyone knows. i work at Acura, where all the new cars have HID projectors. the most common problem ive seen is the inverter going out. is there an inverter included in this kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.