Anyone know production number for this fall and 2005?

• Sponsors (?)

I believe I read somewhere that production was going to be around 200k for the first year. I also read that 38k have already been ordered. Thats a whole lot already ordered before they have even hit the lots. I believe for could sell 300k if they could produce them

"The automaker is aiming to sell about 100,000 Five Hundreds, 100,000 Freestyles, and about 150,000 Mustang cars next year, Ford division President Steve Lyons said"
Just found this....if they were planning on only selling 150k, theyve already pre sold 1/3 of that.

upstate said:
Here are the updated production numbers:

http://www.autonews.com/files/prod.pdf

Most of the suto news #s are estimates, not actual. It shows no Mustangs currently being produced, which we know is not true.

Ford's target was to build 44,000 - 2005 Mustangs between 9-7-04 and X-mas shut down. Latest word is they may not make that # due to parts shortages.

AAI is capabile of building 282,000 cars per year with 2 x 10 hour shifts, 5 days a week. But that # includes Mazda 6s as well as '05 Mustangs. Right now the mix is 3:1 Mustangs to 6s which is 211,000 Mustangs per year, if everything goes perfectly, which we know will not be the case. Ford's estimate is actual production will top out at 195,000 (12 months). This total includes cars for Canada.

Production

351CJ said:
Most of the suto news #s are estimates, not actual. It shows no Mustangs currently being produced, which we know is not true.

Ford's target was to build 44,000 - 2005 Mustangs between 9-7-04 and X-mas shut down. Latest word is they may not make that # due to parts shortages.

AAI is capabile of building 282,000 cars per year with 2 x 10 hour shifts, 5 days a week. But that # includes Mazda 6s as well as '05 Mustangs. Right now the mix is 3:1 Mustangs to 6s which is 211,000 Mustangs per year, if everything goes perfectly, which we know will not be the case. Ford's estimate is actual production will top out at 195,000 (12 months). This total includes cars for Canada.

It doesn't show zero. You are looking in the wrong spot. Look under A.A.I. it shows 9901. Maybe I should of provided instructions to the thread.

upstate said:
It doesn't show zero. You are looking in the wrong spot. Look under A.A.I. it shows 9901. Maybe I should of provided instructions to the thread.

Maybe you provided the wrong link, as the PDF file that comes up with your link shows estimated production by mfg and model. There is NO listing for AAI. AND AAI also builds the Mazda 6, so #'s for AAI alone would not mean anything as far as the 2005 Mustang goes.