Anyone know where the turn signal fuse is located?

Frank.Rizzo

Dec 23, 2003
Central Oregon
Hey Everyone,

Both my left and right turn signals stopped working last night, so I am guessing that I blew a fuse. I checked the fuse box under the hood and it says to check my owner's manual for the fuse box diagram.

Unfortunately, I don't have the owner's manual . . . what would be really great is if someone could post or e-mail me a copy of the fuse boxe diagrams, but more importantly, can someone tell me which fuse is for the turn signals?

Also - is the fuse box under the hood the only fuse box?

Thanks!! Frank Rizzo

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the diagram!

Hey, thanks for the diagram!

But . . . I don't see where there is a fuse for the turn signals. Are the blinkers controlled by a "flasher" module or something? I remember my old truck had some sort of a flasher module and not fuses. Does anyone know?

Thanks again!

Frank Rizzo

Problem Solved!

Just to summarize, none of the turns signals on either side worked and the emergency flashers would not come on, but the parking lamps worked.

There are two fuse boxes for the '94 GT, one in the engine compartment and one inside the car, under the dashboard, just above where your left leg sits.

I was told by several helpful members of StangNet that it would either be a blown fuse, a bad bulb, or the flasher relay box itself. The flasher relay box is a yellow box that sits just behind the interior fuse box and is connected to the fuse box by a slide connect and a plug.

You can rule out a bad flasher relay if both your emergency flashers and your turn signals stopped working as they apparently use different flasher relay boxes. If just the turn signals don't work, you may have a bad bulb or a bad relay. Luckily, for me, it turned out to be a fuse problem and not a bad bulb or the flasher box itself.

The signal/flasher fuse is the "number 1" fuse and is 15amps (light blue). The diagram I had was for a '95 and didn't quite match my '94 fuse box layout, but there were only five fuses that were 15 amp, so I pulled each one and, sure enough, the last fuse that I pulled was blown.

I replaced the blown fuse from the spares in the lid of the fuse box cover and everything works again. Thank you very, very much to both HISSIN50 and bill302 for taking the time to help me out!

Frank.Rizzo :lol:

94GTLaserRC said:
No wonder you have 16k posts in under 3 years!! :lol:
RC, remember the guy who had some kind of goofy electrical issue and I wrote a book for each post? You commented about how you werent about to read all the crap I typed (I didnt blame you one bit!). Well, I had to try and balance that back out with a sleeper post on this thread. I dont do it often (I think I supplied TGT with the link he posted, and I was glad to see that he remembered it). :nice: :p

HISSIN50 said:
RC, remember the guy who had some kind of goofy electrical issue and I wrote a book for each post? You commented about how you werent about to read all the crap I typed (I didnt blame you one bit!). Well, I had to try and balance that back out with a sleeper post on this thread. I dont do it often (I think I supplied TGT with the link he posted, and I was glad to see that he remembered it). :nice: :p
That's cool....it gave us both 2 more!!! :lol:
RC