Anyone Know Where To Buy A Good Remanufactured Ecu Computer From??

Who would carry a good remanufactured ECU computer for a 1993 mustang gt 5.0 manual . My dyno guy said the bolt that holds the harness on inside the computer is broke and suggested replacing the ECU so he can get goood readings on my sensors. Its not making a good contact with the bolt broken. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

If it is just a mechanical issue, I would try taking it apart and see if you can fix it. A reman computer is $alty.

To answer your question more directly, I bought my reman A9L from Auto Zone. Every single employee will tell you they absolutely don't offer them, but they do. I even knew the part number and they still told me they didn't carry it. You'll have to do some digging in their computer system, and it will usually have to ship from some long forgotten warehouse that must be located on Mercury or Mars.

GOOD and RENAMUFACTURED ECU don't go together.

If you're sure you want another one vs. repairing the one that you have, then I'd look for a used one. Many of the parts stores have stopped carrying the reman units alltogether (because more failed than worked).

GOOD and RENAMUFACTURED ECU don't go together.

If you're sure you want another one vs. repairing the one that you have, then I'd look for a used one. Many of the parts stores have stopped carrying the reman units alltogether (because more failed than worked).

Does this go for a factory Ford reman one also? or did you mean an aftermarket reman. Just thought of ebay, found some ford factory remans, also some used oem ones.

Also forgot to mention i am running a SCT 6600 4 bank chip. so, not sure if this matters for reman or used? The dyno guy couldnt do the sensor and diadnostic tests because he couldnt get the harnesss or pin out because of the broken nut inside the ecu? With what i have spent on thecar lately, i dont mind dropping a few hundred more bucks on a ecu.