Anyone know where to get a nice set of mud flaps for a fox body mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

Shopping at Autozone...

"Let me see...Should I get the ones with Yosemite Sam saying "Back Off!" or the ones with the polished metal Playboy bunny on them?"

I can see Jeff Foxworthy writing down his next "...You might be a redneck" joke right now.

Hey, now that sounds like a good thread to start in the "Talk" forum.

1. If you've ever put peel 'n stick window tint on your Mustang...you might be a redneck.
2. If you've ever used duct tape, plywood, or plastic sheeting to fix your Mustang...you might be a redneck.
3. If you've ever pulled your rear seats out to install a chromed, bolt-in, rollbar...you might be a redneck.
4. If you've ever installed a huge wing on a Mustang because it "looked cool"...you might be a redneck.

I dont think installing a large wing on a mustang is redneck, a redneck wouldent take out his back seat to bolt in a rollbar, theyd weld that sucker right on in there..... and being a redneck myself I take offence to that statment.

A redneck mod is more like mudflaps like posted above, or maybe a gunrack mounted in the back window or maybe a big ole cow skull mounted to the hood, but rednecks dont put on big ricer wings..... come on man if your going to make fun of somebody at least do it correctly.

As for the post origionator, dont put mudflaps on your stang.... please please

TheUser said:
there was a nice 93 cobra the other day posted up in talk w/ mud flaps..said the old man who bought the car new ordered them as an option w/ the car.
This one.
Picture005.jpg

Attachments

• Picture005.jpg
    Picture005.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,519
Daw gone I think I'm a redneck cuz I got mudflaps!! :rolleyes: Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Don't listen to anyone on here. I've had mudflaps on my car for awile now and they do save the paint on fenders. I got mine from a junkyard from an early 84-86 Mustang. Also try ebay, I've seen a few sets on there. That teal Cobra looks really good with them. As long as they're small and don't drag on the ground, I see no reason to make fun of having mudflaps. People on here need to loosen up.......just me, I guess I'll just go back to the farm since I'm a redneck hick just cuz I gotz me sum of dem mudflaps!!!

93tealstang said:
Daw gone I think I'm a redneck cuz I got mudflaps!! :rolleyes: Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Don't listen to anyone on here. I've had mudflaps on my car for awile now and they do save the paint on fenders. I got mine from a junkyard from an early 84-86 Mustang. Also try ebay, I've seen a few sets on there. That teal Cobra looks really good with them. As long as they're small and don't drag on the ground, I see no reason to make fun of having mudflaps. People on here need to loosen up.......just me, I guess I'll just go back to the farm since I'm a redneck hick just cuz I gotz me sum of dem mudflaps!!!

Ill agree with that.... It seems everybody on here has an opinion... Whether you agree or disagree with somebodys opinion is totally your call.... Dont all the 4 banger mustangs have them? you could prolly pick some of them up for cheap. Just remember its your car not the people on these forums. so ****um if thats what you like.

Hey maybe Ill install some of them on mine to keep all the rubber off the lower side of my fenders... Maybe some fender flares are in my stangs near future....

And the above cobra looks ****ing sweet... Mudflaps or no mudflaps she bad....

First I will actually answer the question.

They used to make some Motorsport mudflaps (now they call them splashguards). They looked pretty good. Unfortunately, they were discontinued. You can find some on Ebay. I got two sets of them that just say "Mustang" for practically free.

Now that I have answered his question my reply.

Some of you people are the most immature people. All the guy did was ask a question. Instead of answering it, everyone felt the need to post their negative opinion because this is tech and you will get to increase that precious post count. If you don't like mudflaps, fine. Just don't post. Leave it alone.

Aaawww...Geez guys, can't someone have a little fun without a bunch of bleeding hearts jumping in and getting all serious? Hey, as far as the "redneck" statements regarding mods...a bolt-in chromed roll bar...essentially non-functional, ask anyone who's a serious racer. You might as well have made it out of PVC pipe. One good whack and those bolts will rip right out. An oversized cosmetic wing...totally useless and may actually hurt performance. Both are from an example of a true "redneck"-owned Mustang in my area. The thing is a total clapped-out beater...and yes, with Yosemite Sam mud flaps.

I believe Jeff Foxworthy's definition of a redneck is someone who embraces "glorified distastefullness". I believe these "mods" fall under that category.

As far as the mudflaps...you're right...it's my opinion, but regardless of their function, it ruins the look of the car...again, my opinion.

'Nuf said... :rolleyes:

Hey, just curious, but this IS a Mustang board, right? So, owning a Mustang must immediately preclude you from being a redneck.

Maybe if we modified the above 'you might be a redneck if...' statements by replacing 'Mustang' with 'Trans-Camaro'?