Anyone local with this yet?

• Sponsors (?)

ASD said:
You guys miss the whole point of having a fun fast street car.

What kind of gas are you running to make this power? 92-93 Octane? Just wondering cuase we all know that anything higher is for off road use only according to DOT:shrug: So if a person had the pocket change to run C16 or similar gas all day long, does this still make it a STREET car? Since its not using legal DOT fuel.

Nice numbers all the same:nice:

Will:flag:

TurboSnake95 said:
What kind of gas are you running to make this power? 92-93 Octane? Just wondering cuase we all know that anything higher is for off road use only according to DOT:shrug: So if a person had the pocket change to run C16 of similar gas all day long, does this still make it a STREET car? Since its not using legal DOT fuel.

Nice numbers all the same:nice:

Will:flag:

I say the fuel does not dictate whether or not it is a street car. By your logic, a supra on race gas is a race car, but when it's on pump fuel it qualifies as a street car. What if the fuel is mixed? Is it half a race car? Does a street car with no cats and nitrous make it a race car because the equipment is illegal for street use?

loud 95 said:
I say the fuel does not dictate whether or not it is a street car. By your logic, a supra on race gas is a race car, but when it's on pump fuel it qualifies as a street car. What if the fuel is mixed? Is it half a race car? Does a street car with no cats and nitrous make it a race car because the equipment is illegal for street use?

I guess it is what it is. Was just wondering since I believe its Hot Rod Magazine that puts on the event? called the fastest street car shoot out? in which they have to run on 1 tank of Pump Gas and that tank has to last them thru the event.

Edit, its called: Pump Gas Drags

Will

loud 95 said:

:nice:

TurboSnake95 said:
I guess it is what it is. Was just wondering since I believe its Hot Rod Magazine that puts on the event? called the fastest street car shoot out? in which they have to run on 1 tank of Pump Gas and that tank has to last them thru the event.

Edit, its called: Pump Gas Drags

Will

Nice edit Will. Looks like somebody went digging through old magazines... If the rules in that particular event call for pump gas, then Allen and Bill could compete on pump gas. Oh wait, Hot Rod Magazine is for old men! Your logic is still flawed. How about, "Race gas drags for street cars."

loud 95 said:
Nice edit Will. Looks like somebody went digging through old magazines... If the rules in that particular event call for pump gas, then Allen and Bill could compete on pump gas. Oh wait, Hot Rod Magazine is for old men! Your logic is still flawed. How about, "Race gas drags for street cars."

I dont believe my logic is flawed, I just see it as a diffrent point of view on how we judge what is a street car and what is not.

and also I don't subscibe to that mag, I just saw some pics of the one they just did, Pump Gas Drags 3.

Edit: by the way, at what age is old?

Will

TurboSnake95 said:
I dont believe my logic is flawed, I just see it as a diffrent point of view on how we judge what is a street car and what is not.

and also I don't subscibe to that mag, I just saw some pics of the one they just did, Pump Gas Drags 3.

Edit: by the way, at what age is old?

Will

I was kidding about that magazine being for old men. Though, I will answer your question pertaining to age by saying the following: I guess old is a matter of perspective, or "a different point of view on how we judge" age. :D :nice:

What makes a street car a street car. Everyones interpretation is different. A car with just a couple simple mods that most people start out with will deem the car illegal TECHNICALLY. From that point on, its still a streetABLE car, not a street LEGAL car. Take Allen or Bills cobras. 100% streetABLE, but try to get them through actual emission testing. They will pass the plug in OBD2 test without a problem, the chips fix that. But take them to California where they actually do inspections, and Jeffs "street" car would have the same luck passing. So...what IS a street LEGAL car. By DOT or by where they put you in the car shows?

Since ASD and Jon have been so quiet...I guess its a good time to ask the million dollar question. If we ask Tim balls to post our full dyno sheet, are you going to have him post ASD's best dyno sheet so far? As the A/F police we have nothing to hide:p But mainly cause I wanna see what a 700hp clutch slip looks like on paper! :hail2:

gospeedgo said:
Since ASD and Jon have been so quiet...I guess its a good time to ask the million dollar question. If we ask Tim balls to post our full dyno sheet, are you going to have him post ASD's best dyno sheet so far? As the A/F police we have nothing to hide:p But mainly cause I wanna see what a 700hp clutch slip looks like on paper! :hail2:

Just post up the A/F readings since you are the A/F police. You should have nothing to worry about.:shrug:

Like that boyfriend of yours told you in high school:
I'll show you ours if you show us yours:D

Hell, you've already seen ours anyway. Heard yours went Jimmie Hoffa:rolleyes:
Must be a computer glitch:shrug: I have a cool program that restores "lost" data....

Damn its nice having a smack talk thread again:nice:

gospeedgo said:
What makes a street car a street car. Everyones interpretation is different. A car with just a couple simple mods that most people start out with will deem the car illegal TECHNICALLY. From that point on, its still a streetABLE car, not a street LEGAL car. Take Allen or Bills cobras. 100% streetABLE, but try to get them through actual emission testing. They will pass the plug in OBD2 test without a problem, the chips fix that. But take them to California where they actually do inspections, and Jeffs "street" car would have the same luck passing. So...what IS a street LEGAL car. By DOT or by where they put you in the car shows?

Yeah, I can post them up when I get to the shop in the morning. Allen's lazy and went to bed already or he could probably scan it. :D

gospeedgo said:
Like that boyfriend of yours told you in high school:
I'll show you ours if you show us yours:D

Hell, you've already seen ours anyway. Heard yours went Jimmie Hoffa:rolleyes:
Must be a computer glitch:shrug: I have a cool program that restores "lost" data....

Damn its nice having a smack talk thread again:nice:

The only thing I was showing was your mom a good time. I had to double bag her.:puke:

It did disappear didn't it. How long did you guys look for it before you had to ask where it went.:D Shouldn't be a big deal since I didn't beat Bill's # but restore all you want. When I beat Bills # do you want me to send you guys the file, take videos and have a notary there?

Jon said:
Yeah, I can post them up when I get to the shop in the morning. Allen's lazy and went to bed already or he could probably scan it. :D

I can't believe you are calling me lazy! I'm not the one sitting down all day.:p I never sleep.... I see eveything on my crackberry!

gospeedgo said:
Lets cross that bridg...oh sorry. I mean lets just see how it goes:p

I guess when it happens you will need to turn up that wet shot because you are about out of PSI! Let me rephrase that.....(Since you guys live through his car and post about it)

I guess when it happens Bill will need to turn up that wet shot because Bill is about out of PSI! :uzi:

Too funny Jon!

I think I have only purged the car twice since I have had it. At least we turned the n2o on when we were street tuning for it. Never saw 7K RPM's come up so fast in my life. I better set the shift light at 3500 so I have time to shift before the limiter.
AD