Anyone local with this yet?

• Sponsors (?)

My car is dyno shy, I've never been able to get a clean pull yet. went 152mph but the best dyno number was 420whp ;)

I'm stuck in machine shop pergatory, probably won't even make the race on the 2nd at this point. I'll probably be paying you a visit some time in the next few weeks though when everything is finally done. I doubt i've got anything for these guys with their modular superstars though ;)

If I were to run mine on the dyno, it would flat out break. Not because my car has power, but because the dyno would give up trying to determine that low of an HP/TQ combination :owned:

However, I will say that I would be completely satisfied with 350rwhp. As long as I can reach that, I would be as happy as a pig in ****. I know that 450+ is possible with my car, but I don't think I need that much power. We'll see though. Once I can get my car built up, I am sure the power bug will bite me and I will go looking to put more and more power into my car.

tehnick said:
And yours just left my house with a bus ticket and just enough money to get a couple dollar menu items at McDonalds after she gave me change for my nickle. I felt bad for her so I slipped her a couple bucks for a warm meal. :D:SNSign:

If you've got all this money to spare you should have gotten a GT.
:shrug:

Jon said:
If you've got all this money to spare you should have gotten a GT.
:shrug:
I regret not getting a GT, but in the long run I save on insurance for right now. In the future I will probably get one, or just build this car up a bit for a fun DD. I don't really crave a ton of power and would be stoked with around 300-350HP to the wheels. Not sure which avenue I will go to add more power. Then again, I am not sure if any shops have any experience doing build ups on a 3.8L V6 as well as tuning them. I know a guy on the east coast that does e-tunes and know his stuff when it comes to the V6 Mustangs, but Florida is a bit far away if something goes wrong and I can't rely on playing e-mail tag while my car sits in my parking spot at my apartment complex trying to figure it out.

Would be nice to build a turbo kit, because I can score a pre-made kit for $3,500 but then I still need to invest in fuel upgrades and other stuff to complete it which will drive the cost up considerably. Ugh, I have no money right now either trying to keep my bills paid :bang:

Stangler said:
ASD said:
Ha, ha,.. You've got me there, I know your cars look pretty and all, but if a guy can build his own car, in his own garage, for the price that you'd pay for just insurance on your billit pieces, and go to the track and whoop your ace, I'd have to say you can call him just about anything you want and it won't matter... :nice:

The only a$$ you will be whoopin is Jon's because everyone knows Turdbo's are slow. Is your ride done yet? If not, I have some extra pieces laying around for you in my backyard that my dog left.:p

I don't know what you are talking about Pog????

Wallysgoodside.jpg

gospeedgo said:
If the shops had anything to do with it, you both would have autos, live axles, and 9 second slips by now. 700hp in Rays car goes 8.88's...

Doesn't Ray's current engine make 700 horses on motor? You guys sprayed to hit the 8.88, right? I'm not trying to pick things apart, just trying to remember.:shrug: :hail2: