Anyone need 427 parts or engine?

ranger04

Jul 28, 2007
I have lived down the road from dove manufacturing for years and as I was reading some of these post it came to mind. They build ford 427 side oilers, 427 sohc, 428CJ's, 390's and I can't remeber exactly what all. They do alot of blocks in aluminum or cast iron. They have the rights to produce these engines from ford, with the blue prints from ford, they are even allowed to use ford part numbers if memory serves me and I'm sure it does. I found thier web site acouple of times, but couldn't find it tonight. However I did get thier phone number out of our local phone book. It's Dove manufacturing 1-440-236-5139. I don't know thier pricing. As a teenager and ford performance nut, my budies and I would go down there and lust over thier products. I know there was no mustangs that came with a 427, but there should have. You could get a single 4 barrel, hydrulic cam 427 in the 68 couger. Anyway, I thought this might be a help to someone wanting to build the altimate mustang. the 427 sohc was a 600 hp create motor and the sde oilers with 2- 4 barrels was 425 hp. They had a host of FE reproduction parts and engines. If this has been posted before, I do aplogize.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks, found their website. it seems most FE builds out there are the same. except the high end builders. but definitely looking at an FE build in the future.

I never heard of the 427 being offered in the stang, not even the shelby and only one year for the couger. I looked at a 427 powered 68 couger back in 78. the guy wanted 1,500.00$ for it, I now wish I would of bought it. I've never seen a 427 in a stang that wasn't transplanted. I know tasca ford would install and sell 427 stangs, but couldn't find any proof that one ever left the factory with a 427 for sell to the public. If they did, that must be a rare bird. Those ole FE's were sure torque monsters, even the 390 deserved some respect. The fastest car around town here in the 70's for a while was a 57 T-bird with a 427 transplant, it was a bad mamma jammer. I had 2 428 cj's, one in a 68 mustang gt fastback and the second in a 69 mach. Never had the pleasure of owning a 427 but allways wanted to, it was my dream motor back in the day. I know Dove used ford part numbers on thier engines for true resto projects. I quized them about that one time and they said they had the ok from ford to do so, I found that to be unque in it's self. To be able to buy a brand new 427 sohc or side oiler was enough to put me over the top. I never did ask prices, I guess I was afraid to, that would certainly dash my 427 dreams ha ha. What was the link to thier site?, I use to log on, but it's been so long I forgot how. Using dove manufacturing didn't work.

Thanks for the link, I started the thread, but yet needed help to find the link, yeah I'm stupid ha ha. I had a 67 F-250 4x4, 4-speed. The truck had the 352 with a holley 4 barrel and headers, had 4:56 gears. That truck would burn the tires right off the rims if you didn't back out of it. The 4-speed had that graany low first gear and with the 4:56's, it was a torque monster, "man' would that thing fry the big ole mudders, just an awesome engine. The body was shot, but that thing would wheel and sling the mud. You will have on great tow rig.

I never heard of the 427 being offered in the stang, not even the shelby and only one year for the couger. I looked at a 427 powered 68 couger back in 78. the guy wanted 1,500.00$ for it, I now wish I would of bought it. I've never seen a 427 in a stang that wasn't transplanted. I know tasca ford would install and sell 427 stangs, but couldn't find any proof that one ever left the factory with a 427 for sell to the public. If they did, that must be a rare bird. Those ole FE's were sure torque monsters, even the 390 deserved some respect. The fastest car around town here in the 70's for a while was a 57 T-bird with a 427 transplant, it was a bad mamma jammer. I had 2 428 cj's, one in a 68 mustang gt fastback and the second in a 69 mach. Never had the pleasure of owning a 427 but allways wanted to, it was my dream motor back in the day. I know Dove used ford part numbers on thier engines for true resto projects. I quized them about that one time and they said they had the ok from ford to do so, I found that to be unque in it's self. To be able to buy a brand new 427 sohc or side oiler was enough to put me over the top. I never did ask prices, I guess I was afraid to, that would certainly dash my 427 dreams ha ha. What was the link to thier site?, I use to log on, but it's been so long I forgot how. Using dove manufacturing didn't work.

According to the Complete Mustang book it was an available option, it even gave the price for it which IIRC was a little over $600.00

the W-code 427 was theoretically available in the mustang for 67 or 68 (can't remember which) and there are rumors that some were installed in 67 Shelby's but none of the supposed 427 shelby's has ever been found and there are no production records that show a 427 mustang was ever produced or even ordered.

Yeah, I have never seen or heard of a 427 being released in a mustang, shelby or other wisee and I've been around ford racing a long long time. Not saying I know everything, but if such a beast exsists, I fifgured I would of heard about it somewhere down the pike. I figure if there ever was one released, it would be in a shelby -vs- a standad stang. I know tasca ford did 427 stangs, but not factory. I know the shelby AC cobra had 427's as did some gallaxy's, I'm not sure about the fairlane, I'm thinking there may have been, but common sense tell's me no. I know you could get a detuned 427 in a 68 couger as I've seen one with my own eye's.

Yeah, I have never seen or heard of a 427 being released in a mustang, shelby or other wisee and I've been around ford racing a long long time. Not saying I know everything, but if such a beast exsists, I fifgured I would of heard about it somewhere down the pike. I figure if there ever was one released, it would be in a shelby -vs- a standad stang. I know tasca ford did 427 stangs, but not factory. I know the shelby AC cobra had 427's as did some gallaxy's, I'm not sure about the fairlane, I'm thinking there may have been, but common sense tell's me no. I know you could get a detuned 427 in a 68 couger as I've seen one with my own eye's.

yes, the 427 was available in the Fairlane in 66 IIRC, maybe it was 67.

Ranchero had 427s too. A friend of mine has one waiting to be restored. Also visited a CEO of a movie theater chain that had a 427 Shelby Mustang in dark green. Just never know what those things will turn up in. Ford did all kinds of crazy things.

Ranchero had 427s too. A friend of mine has one waiting to be restored. Also visited a CEO of a movie theater chain that had a 427 Shelby Mustang in dark green. Just never know what those things will turn up in. Ford did all kinds of crazy things.

well the 427 was not factory installed in the shelby, we know that to be true and correct, there were no factory installed 427s in any mustang including the shelby. i've never heard of a 427 ranchero either and have a hard time comprehending that one. i've only ever seen or heard of 390 'cheros in 67 and early 68 and 69/70 428cj 'cheros. obviously not counting the 71-up 429 or 460 rancheros in this category since the 429/460 isn't an FE block.

The thunderbolts had 427's, but were they ever sold as a production car or were they race only? The only ones I've ever seen were gasers and strip only. If you think about, the 427 didn't come in very many cars at all, sorta rare. One ven more rare was the 406 with trips that made 406 hp. I think that was a one year only option in 63, correct me please if I'm wrong, thats how I learn.

pretty sure the 427 was offered in 66 or 67 (maybe both) fairlanes and comets and don't forget the mercury marauder, they even put the 427 in boats....i had a chance several years ago to buy a nice early to mid 60's Chris Craft, wooden one, that had a factory installed 427 in it. the guy wasn't asking a lot of money for it either IIRC it was around $6 or 7k but i just couldn't come up with the cash at the time. sure wish i would have been able to though.

well the 427 was not factory installed in the shelby, we know that to be true and correct, there were no factory installed 427s in any mustang including the shelby. i've never heard of a 427 ranchero either and have a hard time comprehending that one. i've only ever seen or heard of 390 'cheros in 67 and early 68 and 69/70 428cj 'cheros. obviously not counting the 71-up 429 or 460 rancheros in this category since the 429/460 isn't an FE block.

I believe it was a 66 or a 67 ranchero. Only 27 I believe ever made by Ford.