Anyone planning on dropping the new 5.0 into a classic?

most definately this will be a modular motor. In this case modular means it shares various parts with other motors in this family and they can all be built on the same line. As is the case with the current modular family both here in Windsor and Romeo we are able to run the 4.6,5.4 and 6.8 down the same line,all mixed together(which happens all the time),seamlessly without stopping the line,which we do.
I have heard there will be a few different variations(displacements?) of this motor with turbo(just a rumor!) as an option. Whether this new family of modulars has anything in common with the current one, I haven't found out yet.

What I read said that this block was destined ONLY for the Mustang, with no other vehicles that will share it.

• Sponsors (?)

What I read said that this block was destined ONLY for the Mustang, with no other vehicles that will share it.

Windsor Star - Breaking news Ontario, business, sports, entertainment and more
I'm sorry if this doesn't work, I'm not computer savvy,but in todays Windsor Star(windsorstar.com) there is an article(you'll have to scroll down a bit) from the Detroit Auto show just across the river. There is a quote from a 5.0 manager,Gary Liitama,saying he can't talk about future projects,but he can see the motor being used in many places. The reporter asked about the truck,and he replied yes there is a possibility it will go into the F150. We've heard,and it is just rumors,it will go into a bunch of platforms in various configurations.
Whenever Ford wants to give plants new work,they first go to the state/provincial government with their hand out,then they go to the CAW/UAW looking for more concessions. Then the workers are told what Ford wants,and after it's done,THEN we're told what we gave up. From first rumor to now,we've known about this engine in Windsor for almost 3 years. Like I said I've been off for about 1.5 years and I asked for one almost a year before that,when there were a few floating around Essex engine.

just got back from the mailbox with latest edition of 5.0 Mustang,and a big write up of the 5.0 4V. Basically it weighs 430 lbs as delivered(no alt,A/C or starter). Same bell housing bolt pattern and engine mounting as 4.6. Can be used in rear drive platforms(F150?) And engineered right from the beginning for supercharging or EcoBoost.