Anyone polish the C&L plenum on the inside?

dragginuts

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
Tampa Bay
Just wondering if anyone did this to maybe get a little more airflow, and make it smoother inside. I was also thinking about polishing the outside to shine it up. Would this work, if not, why? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The inside is pretty smooth already and I don't think you will see a gain from polishing the inside. You can polish the outside as long as you follow the proper steps - just like polishing any cast aluminum part.

Um have you looked inside that thing, it's the same as on the outside, maybe a little smoother, i thought smoothing out the plenum on the inside would help airflow and create less turbulence...maybe get it a litle bigger on the inside.

dragginuts said:
Just wondering if anyone did this to maybe get a little more airflow, and make it smoother inside. I was also thinking about polishing the outside to shine it up. Would this work, if not, why? Thanks

I Ported and Polished my Dragon Plenum,every little bit helps :nice:

You can get a complete kit from Eastwood - they may be a little pricey but they have what you need.

And yes, I have looked inside many of the plenums and compared to other cast aluminum parts, they are pretty smooth inside (unless you got a bum one for some reason).

If you got the Accufab TB (shiny billet aluminum), a polished plenum will look killer with it.