Anyone running a BBK X-PIPE for long tubes on your 94-95?Please help Need measurement

Can some kind-hearted mustang brother do me a HUGE favor and give me some measurements of their 94-95 BBK X-PIPE for long tubes...mainly the width where it meets the headers (outer edge to outer edge) and a straightline measurement of the length from end to end (short and long side)

Here's the story. My 90 gt that I've had for about 3 months now came with bbk long tubes and a bbk catted x. I went to swap in a off road x-pipe and the 87-93 application (BBK-1660) was about 3 inches too narrow where the x pipe meets the headers and about 3 inches too short, front to back. The only thing I can figure out is that my 90 GT has 94-95 headers and catted x on it. I have found no specs on the measurements of the 94-95 bbk x pipes so I cant determine for sure if that is the problem. All I know is the 87-93 BBK x-pipes should interchange with each other and the 1660 did not. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. BBK couldn't even help me. And Mustangs Unlimited had none in stock to measure over the phone for me. I already have one x-pipe I cant use...I'd hate to order another one of the wrong size. Thanks again.

• Sponsors (?)

Can some kind-hearted mustang brother do me a HUGE favor and give me some measurements of their 94-95 BBK X-PIPE for long tubes...mainly the width where it meets the headers (outer edge to outer edge) and a straightline measurement of the length from end to end (short and long side)

Here's the story. My 90 gt that I've had for about 3 months now came with bbk long tubes and a bbk catted x. I went to swap in a off road x-pipe and the 87-93 application (BBK-1660) was about 3 inches too narrow where the x pipe meets the headers and about 3 inches too short, front to back. The only thing I can figure out is that my 90 GT has 94-95 headers and catted x on it. I have found no specs on the measurements of the 94-95 bbk x pipes so I cant determine for sure if that is the problem. All I know is the 87-93 BBK x-pipes should interchange with each other and the 1660 did not. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. BBK couldn't even help me. And Mustangs Unlimited had none in stock to measure over the phone for me. I already have one x-pipe I cant use...I'd hate to order another one of the wrong size. Thanks again.

I can help you, but it'll take me a few days..

95 Cobra.. BBK longtubes, bbk offroad x

check for the egr bung on the pass header... easy way to tell if they are 94/95

I don't have any measurements for you, but for what it's worth, I put BBK LTs and ORX on my '94 Cobra and the width of the X where it meets the headers was a couple inches too narrow to bolt to the headers. I had to take a torch and heat up the X and bend it so it would meet up correctly. Works fine now. I didn't have any issues with it being too short lengthwise though.

I don't have any measurements for you, but for what it's worth, I put BBK LTs and ORX on my '94 Cobra and the width of the X where it meets the headers was a couple inches too narrow to bolt to the headers. I had to take a torch and heat up the X and bend it so it would meet up correctly. Works fine now. I didn't have any issues with it being too short lengthwise though.

same thing on mine. I live 10 mins from BBK and they put it on the jig and it was fine there. who knows what it was but I had to have a muffler shop cut it and weld it for 80.00 so much for direct fit. it was the correct 94-95 x-pipe for the correct 94-95 headers...i spent over 400.00 for a catted x-pipe trying to make it fit.

same thing on mine. I live 10 mins from BBK and they put it on the jig and it was fine there. who knows what it was but I had to have a muffler shop cut it and weld it for 80.00 so much for direct fit. it was the correct 94-95 x-pipe for the correct 94-95 headers...i spent over 400.00 for a catted x-pipe trying to make it fit.

Same here...I bought one from BBK for shorties, and had to have it cut and welded.

Even my Bassani one I had to cut up and re weld.

Now I will just make my own mid pipes...:shrug:

Ok, I just got my X-pipe last night.

If you measure from outside lip to outside lip on the Header flange side (just the flared part of the tubing, not the slip connectors) , it's 18 1/2"

The short side of pipe on the tailpipe end measured from the welding on the X back is 3 1/2"

The long side of pipe on the tailpipe end measured fromt the welding on the X back is 6"

The short side length (end of short tailpipe section to end of header flange on the same side) is about 33"

The long side length (end of long tailpipe section to end of header flange on the same side) is about 35 1/2"

Hope this helps:nice:

When you got yours, was it already a little rusty and dirty? I'm wondering if mines been on a car already and returned.:shrug: I guess we'll see how it fits to see if I send it back. If I do, I'm gonna go UPR.

thanks everyone, especially 87 rock for the measurements. I finally just got the bbk-1660 (87-93) fitted to my car. it cost me an extra 80 bucks also to have it cut and rewelded. i dont think im gonna go back with any bbk products. i dont even want their sticker under my hood really.:mad:

I had the same problems as others. Just got done installing BBK Longtube's and O/R X-pipe, and the x-pipe didn't mate to the headers exactly. I didn't have to take the tube to the muffler shop, just took it off and stepped on one side and started to pull. did that a couple times and it lines up just fine.