Anyone running a Boss 429 Scoop on a 67-68?

67GTCOUPE said:
Mr.Hearne:

I see you have Canfield heads...................................

That is what my custom cam guy got me to buy....the new Canfield 195 for SBF.

How do you like your heads????

From inspection..I can tell they flow way more than my Edelbrocks.
I love em, bought em on ebay for $1000. Had em milled .060 for the first motor they were on (5.0) Other than head gasket problems on that motor (not the heads fault) I've had no complaint. I don't recall their part numbers but these are the 1.94 intake valve heads with 64 cc chambers(now 57 cc's after milling). Only other thing I did to them was to smooth the sharp edges in the combustion chambers:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

paul302 said:
thanks. mna, it took me FOREVER. trim a little, close the hood, trim a little, close the hood, rinse and repeat. i need to increase the gap a little more. there's only about .060" space around the bonnet.

you have a problem with it hitting when the motor flexes..thats where i had my hood clearence problem??

D.Hearne said:
I love em, bought em on ebay for $1000. Had em milled .060 for the first motor they were on (5.0) Other than head gasket problems on that motor (not the heads fault) I've had no complaint. I don't recall their part numbers but these are the 1.94 intake valve heads with 64 cc chambers(now 57 cc's after milling). Only other thing I did to them was to smooth the sharp edges in the combustion chambers:nice:

Excellent!

68stang351 said:
This car belongs to someone here, but I can't remember who. I just remember saving it on my computer because its so sweet and just looks mean.

that's my car. =)

Thanks for the comments. It'll look even better when it's painted this year...

i'm a HUGE fan on the boss'9 scoop, however the rest of the car has to be mean enough to match otherwise they do look overkill.

paul302 said:
i need every bit of the boss scoop. see attached pic.

Thunderbolt scoop would work too. Especially since you don't need air intake up there. My intake ended up being too large to fit under Tbolt.

See Tbolt and my bonnet opening below. I made a hood out of cardboard and traced what I wanted to cut out from below to get my hole.

100_0105.JPG

12_4_05_17.jpg

Rusty67 said:
Try running some TCP motor mounts, my buddy runs them and his motor hardly moves if at all.
i am running those. they're not a solid mount, so there is still some movement. i just trimmed the hood too close and need to give it some 'breathing room'.

Thunderbolt scoop would work too.
i'm not a fan of scoops in general, even less of scoops belonging to other model cars. with your height, i can see where you didn't have a choice.