anyone running DSS Bullet engines?

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
Im thinking about buying a bullet short block, not sure if im going to get the base bullet 306, or the pro bullet 306, or pro bullet 331, (if any) what is the best deal and bang for the buck? How do you like the engine? reliable? Noticable performance gains? Just your opinion

• Sponsors (?)

I know that alot of people have been very happy with them. But not everybody was completely satisfied. i know that some people had ordered a shortblcok and checked the tolerances, only to find that they were all over the place. Thats the one thing that i dont like about mail order places for something like a shortblock.

well, i might just buy the dss 311 stroker kit, it looks to be good quality, what do you guys think? I will have a local machine shop put it together up to the lower intake manifold, that way if something isnt right, it wouldnt be my fault.

IndyBlk5.0 said:
well, i might just buy the dss 311 stroker kit, it looks to be good quality, what do you guys think? I will have a local machine shop put it together up to the lower intake manifold, that way if something isnt right, it wouldnt be my fault.

Thats what I did,(DSS low comp T/W stroker kit) assembled it myself. If something goes wrong, I learn from the mistake and do it over. Cant lay the blame on anyone, and save the $.

I've heard they are probaly the best one's to order from. Think about this though. They want $1499 for the base 306/308 longblock, the pro longblock comes with a stud girtle and a few other upgrades for $1999, pro bullet 331 is $2400.