Anyone running IRS?

• Sponsors (?)

illwood had planned on it but I dont know if has started yet...
I will be once I find a decent priced one, I am tired of bottoming the rear out on every bump. :nice:

someone else was in the process of but haven't heard much about it.

You should try asking about the tire size in the svt forum. :nice:

Yes you can, some people have to change out one of the bolts and some done. MM makes some nice low profile IRS bolts for like $10. They have an allen head so even if they do contact the tire it wont damage it. Make sure if you do the swap to use 14mm or 9/16 grade 8 bolts to mount the subframe to the chassis, cuz ford used 13mm and there is some play and it makes a super annoying clunking sound on accel/decel.

Yes you can, some people have to change out one of the bolts and some done. MM makes some nice low profile IRS bolts for like $10. They have an allen head so even if they do contact the tire it wont damage it. Make sure if you do the swap to use 14mm or 9/16 grade 8 bolts to mount the subframe to the chassis, cuz ford used 13mm and there is some play and it makes a super annoying clunking sound on accel/decel.

Thanks for the tips!

Im thinking I will need the low profile bolts, and roll my fender lips and still might be a tight fit since the IRS is wider than my 8.8