Anyone see americas most wanted this week? couple foxes

nisreo

Jul 22, 2006
Apparently some guys were street racing a couple rather nice notches and one of them lost control and ran over someone. He jumped bail and now lives in the middle east working for a nitro drag racing team. They showed actual footage of the race along with some " this is not actual footage" of a couple aero GT's racing. The GT looked familiar, silver with a shaved front emblem. Ill try to dig up a clip if I can, but my work computer blocks most streaming media.

• Sponsors (?)

If you watch the video, he lost it when he was going at least 60, not sure how you can do that but it goes to show street racing just doesnt pay off.

If you watch the video, he lost it when he was going at least 60, not sure how you can do that but it goes to show street racing just doesnt pay off.

You have never seen a car going down the track have issues after 60 mph? About 475759485 things can happen to lose control, and thats at a prepped drag strip.

The first story was extremely sad and knowing the guy is still out there...

I give John Walsh credit, he has done so much since his son was kidnapped and killed.

You have never seen a car going down the track have issues after 60 mph? About 475759485 things can happen to lose control, and thats at a prepped drag strip.

The first story was extremely sad and knowing the guy is still out there...

I give John Walsh credit, he has done so much since his son was kidnapped and killed.

Well yea ive seen it happen, I guess mechanical problems could be at fault, Its just not often that I've a street car randomly lose it after already getting going. Didnt look like all that fast of a car to break traction at that speed. Maybe he mis-shifted :shrug:

Tires lose air, suspension parts break, debris in the road, fluid from the car spills in front of the tires...

These are also very broad terms, each one of those can be expanded on 100s of ways.

I personally have seen cars break traction at 2 mph, and 150 mph if not more. Friend of mine is recovering from a track accident where around half track his car tagged the wall. Noone is certain if the rear tire let go, or the front Control arm broke, as both were destroyed after the crash, and one video shows an angle you can't make heads or tails of, but either way, nothing he could have done to prevent it.

Not trying to argue or take anything away from the post, just have seen a LOT of accidents related to drag racing (all at the track, go figure) to know that this could have easily happened.

By the way, cold day at the track, I have had traction break in 3rd and even 4th at the track to the point where the car got "squirrely".

Tires lose air, suspension parts break, debris in the road, fluid from the car spills in front of the tires...

These are also very broad terms, each one of those can be expanded on 100s of ways.

I personally have seen cars break traction at 2 mph, and 150 mph if not more. Friend of mine is recovering from a track accident where around half track his car tagged the wall. Noone is certain if the rear tire let go, or the front Control arm broke, as both were destroyed after the crash, and one video shows an angle you can't make heads or tails of, but either way, nothing he could have done to prevent it.

Not trying to argue or take anything away from the post, just have seen a LOT of accidents related to drag racing (all at the track, go figure) to know that this could have easily happened.

By the way, cold day at the track, I have had traction break in 3rd and even 4th at the track to the point where the car got "squirrely".

Agreed. :nice: