Anyone try to put a din and a half factory radio in a fox yet?

Ranchero5.0

The Voice of Reason
Jan 1, 1999
Hagerstown MD
Got the idea from my dad's '03 F250 CD changer radio setup. Looks nice, has the big buttons, and is factory. They go on eBay for under $180 all day long and I'm thinking about putting one in the '93. Not sure about fit issues because the bottom of the new style radios had the deep section and am wondering if it'll hit the trans tunnel. I have a '92 Gt parts car I may play with the fit on before swapping it into my car.

Jamie

Attachments

• 99cd radio.jpg
    99cd radio.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Sponsors (?)

Ranchero5.0 said:
Got the idea from my dad's '03 F250 CD changer radio setup. Looks nice, has the big buttons, and is factory. They go on eBay for under $180 all day long and I'm thinking about putting one in the '93. Not sure about fit issues because the bottom of the new style radios had the deep section and am wondering if it'll hit the trans tunnel. I have a '92 Gt parts car I may play with the fit on before swapping it into my car.

Jamie

Jamie,
It should work.. what plug does it take on the back? Is it a standard ford plug like the stangs 2 piece or is it a single square plug? that and mounting would be the only problem I see. should be easy though.. you will have to make a filler plate under the radio or above whichever is easier.. I'd use thin aluminum, SS or ABS plastic..

I'm not sure about the plug style. From what I've seen and read there are several different types from the twin rectangle plugs like the '93 to the small square plug. Also some of these have steering wheel controls and the extra amp. Local latemodel truck recycler doesn't have any right now, but I'm on his calling list for a complete setup.

For fit it should just about slide in.

Jamie