anyone using a FORD IAC spacer, HELP!

D347643

Banned
Jan 28, 2003
portland, OR
Hi,

I bought the Iac spacer Ford used for their idle tsb's. Funny thing is I work at a dealership and nobody there knows anything about it. I installed it correctly but the moment i started it up I knew that I should have knocked out the plug recommended if you're running a 351 or 460. since my engine isnt even close to stock it obviously needs to breathe more and when idling it is making this huge sucking noise, lol sounds like a jet. Just wondering if thats what everyone else is doing....knocking out that plug for more air.

thanks

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

I had to get one for my new engine to idle. I have a 347. It made mine idle right immediately however after the car was ran awhile and warmed up it wouldn't idle "quite right" so I then knocked the center out and done some more adjustments on the set screws until it idle right. Now she is good to go.

sweet, it says in the instructions to back off the mar screw until there is only .020 between it and the throttle plate and then give it 1/2 turn clockwide to make contact with it barely. I did just that and it is making that huge sucking noise, i am pretty sure from it not getting enough air. It says the spacer comes preset to provide maximum airflow for a stock 5 liter yet its not getting enough air...anyone experience this noise?

thanks

Drew

yeah its totally crazy. I took the spacer off and it seems to idle smoother without it. with it on it makes that loud ass nose and even if i try to open up the throttle plate to help out itllget a little quieter but the idle will be like 2k. haha

im thinkin about just leavin it off.

i needed my car to idle just a bit higher and used one of these spacers...before even trying it i did knock out the center cap thing...idles nice now after some adjustment....just adjust the screws till it idles how you want

iv also heard your suppose to disconnect the IAC set the screws then plug it back in? never tryed it...but heard this