Anyone Using Ssbc On A 65-66?

• Sponsors (?)

just finished converting the front on my 66coupe. for the most part it was very straight forward. the biggest problem i ran into was loosening the lines that go to the distro block from the m/c. the only way i was able to get the job done was by cutting the line as close to the connector on the distro block and removing the fitting with a socket. and that was after heating the brass distro. a small problem cam when the fitting supplied to go into the distro from the new m/c was no the right size. fixed by going to ACE hardware a couple of times to find the right adapter fitting. just be patient when bleeding the brakes. it'll take a while but should be good to go sooner or later.

I wgot mine from Mustang Depot i opted for the slotted upgrade on the power kit. the calipers came with black powder coat standard.

one more tip, if you go with the power kit make sure you tighten the mounting brakets on the booster as far as they will go or you'll never get all 4 bolts back into the firewall.

I got the 4 wheel disc kit. My car stops well.

I like the way it looks. I have slotted rotors and the front calipers are red.

I did have a problem with the rear brakes leaking fluid. I had to change the seal. The calipers on back are 84 Mustang SVO, so it was cheap.

FYI,

there is a wrench made that will allow you to loosen those bolts up on the distribution block for the brakes. If can be used on your radiator lines too. It looks just like an open-end wrench, but the "open end" is much closer together. This allows you to slid it over the line, but gives you maximum grip and surface exposure on the fitting. It makes life REALLY easy!

Installed the slotted SSBC front and rear disks - I agree with the other posters. Easy install and good braking performance. My only gripe was that some of the hardware (I mean nuts and bolts) was Grade 5 or lower. Parts holding brakes on really should be Grade 8 imho. Pleased with it overall