Anyone using stock CC Plates with 94-95 spindles?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by BlackFox5.0, Jan 5, 2004.

1. BlackFox5.0

Founding Member

I'm going to be doing 5-lug, but haven't gotten CC Plates yet, I am not sure if I will need them, but I read a post where someone said they had a lot of negative camber with SN95 spindles and bought CC plates to get more adjustment...

So will I absolutely need them? I was planning on getting some later when I have the money, but if I absolutely need them now, I will wait till I get them to put the front 5-lug on. I got brand new never used tires, I don't want to ruin them.

2. charged9250

Founding Member

I'd get a set of CC plates and put them on when your doing your 5 lug conversion. When I did my conversion I measured form the fire wall to the strut bolt, then measure from the fender to the strut bolt. Do the 5 lug conversion and install the CC plates. Align every thing up to the measurements you took. I also had to back out the tie rods about 8 full turns on both side. This will get the alignment close. When your done with the conversion i'd go strat to the alignment shop and have it aligned. Good luck. I love the way my car looks thanks to the conversion and the new rims. :nice:

3. Melvin_91GT

Founding Member

I ran SN-95 spindles with the stock CC plates for quite some time without any issue...

I did however, updrade to a set of Pro3i units and I couldn't be happier with the results.

4. trbkrb

Founding Member

I haven't changed mine to adjustable CC plates yet...I've been running the stock ones for over a year now, with stock springs and 95 spindles. I did have to move them all the way in to pull the top of the wheels in so they would be right. My alignment guy was very impresed that I got them to within less than 1 degree of specs. I just moved then in as far as they would go! If you don't have lowering springs, then it might be OK for you also. But each car is different. I do plan to get CC plates as I plan to go with the Bullitt springs to complement my struts & shocks.

Good luck!

Thomas