Anyone who uses a phenolic spacer!

Aeroguy315

Mar 23, 2003
Phoenix
I put a half inch phenolic spacer on my mustang and now the egr valve tub that goes from the egr to the header on the passenger side, is too short to reach the egr valve. i had a holley system max intake on before and it had a one inch spacer and which means the tube was takin off and someone welded an extra inch onto it to cmpensate for the loss extra reach it needed, well now i have one thats too long and i have a stock one thats too short, i was wondering if any of you know where to get one that i need, you would think that someone makes an aftermarket one for a 3/8 inch spacer!?

let me know on here or by email

thanks

nick

• Sponsors (?)

I am going to be installing a spacer shortly, what do I need to do to take the EGR stuff off, just take it off the car? We don't have emissions or anything of the like here so I don't need to worry about that.

BTW- did any of you guys running a spacer have trouble with hood clearance?

red94fiveo said:
I am going to be installing a spacer shortly, what do I need to do to take the EGR stuff off, just take it off the car? We don't have emissions or anything of the like here so I don't need to worry about that.

BTW- did any of you guys running a spacer have trouble with hood clearance?

I have a 3" Cobra R hood, so no problems here :D

They make a nut that you can put onto the EGR tube that extends it a bit. It's made for your situation. I bought one several weeks ago that I didnt used cuz I broke my tube and just decided to delete it instead. If you are interested in it let me know.

Also, I used a 3/8" spacer on my GT40 intake and it just touches the liner. Anything larger and it might would have issues closing. There is a slight imprint of the upper corner on it now.

Also, I have a CEL on relating to the EGR that I deleted. I still have it hooked up but I plugged it with pennys on both ends. Must you get a tuning device/chip in order to get rid of it?

Chris