Anyone with 3.73 gears?

sixstringthing

Aug 11, 2003
Hear all the hype about 4.10s, anyone out there with 3.73's? (on a 5spd GT) Is it a big difference from stock, do they have that "slam you in your seat" feel that 4.10's supposedly have? Im just curious b/c I want some for a daily driver, just to make it a lot more fun to drive while keeping the RPMs not too high on the highway, it won't see any track time.

• Sponsors (?)

Got both...kinda wishing I'd gone for 4.10s now on the 02. Especially with the A/C running, the 4.10s hardly care...but the 3.73s seem to lose a lot of SOTP power. Neither car is exactly like the other though, but if I had it to do over again, I'd have gone for 4.10s. 3.73, still, is a huge improvement over stock.

I've thought A LOT about this myself, and am finally going to get some new gears put in on Friday. After reading all of the posts on the subject, and getting outside input, I'm going with the 373's.

Basically, my Stang is a daily driver. I'll never be heading out to the track, or racing it. The 373's (as have many people said) will be a huge improvement over the 327's, and that's all I'm really looking for. I just want a little something extra, and I know I'll be very happy with 'em. Yes, 410's are probably better in some regards, but the 373's should do everything I want, and more.

Just thought I'd chime in because it sounds like you're in the same boat as I. ;) I just love driving my Stang, if other cars are faster--so be it. I'm into Mustangs for an entirely different reason other than just going plain fast. The thrill of driving a ponycar is enjoyment in itself to me. :nice:

wait till you pull up next to me on a traffic light, you'll be scratching your balls wondering what the hell just happend

I probably would. Im sure you would do some stupid burnout in the middle of the street with a ton of people around trying to get me to race. I would look at you, shake my head, scratch my balls and laugh.

On topic, Im very happy with my 3.73's. They have plenty of sotp feel imo :nice:

I love my 3.73's. I guess it's like everything else in life. Even though you may be happy with your choice, you are still likely to wonder "what if"? I say choose your path and be happy with which ever way you go. You can't move forward if you are always looking in your rearview mirror! Just my .02!

tontot77 said:
I am putting the stock gears back in... the 3:73's + turbo = teh lose.

Really? I'm doing a JYTT project this winter, and am trying to research which gears to get for this project. You'd really stick with the stock ones for turbo? I heard a 3.55 was a good choice- a little more go, but not too much that you lose your RPM band. Can you expand on your response? Just trying to get some info from experience. thanks!!

i love my 3.73's. everyone on the net was telling me to get 4.30's or something, yet the shops i talked to in real life said 3.73's were a great gear for all the freeway driving i do. and now, i'm 100% satisfied with them. :)