Anyone with a similar combo?

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
89 5.0 notch. Performer RPM intake, BBK equal lenghts, o/r h pipe, Tw heads, stock cam, t5, upper/lower control arms, subframe connectors, manual steering rack, upr tubular k member. I took alot of parts off my old 10sec carbed fox and put them on this car. My question is for people with similar combos, what kind of 1/4 mile times did you turn and what kind of power was being made? Im still running the stock injectors and being a carbed guy im not 100% sure when the stock 19# will be maxed out. Im guessing at around 330hp? I also have an adjustable fuel regulator. Im hoping to get this car into the mid 11s while still maintaing streetability and ac/heat. I also have a NX kit if all else fails.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some pics of the car before i picked it up!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 67
That combo really needs a set of 24 lb injectors. Our GT40P car runs stock 19 lbers, and made 288 rwhp (12.14 @ 111) but has to be the max potential of the injectors. You get a much better spray pattern with a 24 in that application.

I would say with the mods listed, traction and good driving 11s are a possability. Going mid 11s is going to take some testing, practice and tuning, but not completely out of the question.

Is the cam installed straight up? If so my suggestion, retard it a few degrees. The stock cam straight up wants to run out of steam at 5000-5200, retarding it will work much better where your heads and intake are looking to make power!

That combo really needs a set of 24 lb injectors. Our GT40P car runs stock 19 lbers, and made 288 rwhp (12.14 @ 111) but has to be the max potential of the injectors. You get a much better spray pattern with a 24 in that application.

I would say with the mods listed, traction and good driving 11s are a possability. Going mid 11s is going to take some testing, practice and tuning, but not completely out of the question.

Is the cam installed straight up? If so my suggestion, retard it a few degrees. The stock cam straight up wants to run out of steam at 5000-5200, retarding it will work much better where your heads and intake are looking to make power!

I have a set of 24lb injectors just dont have a matching MAF. Would a 93 cobra MAF work?

I have a set of 24lb injectors just dont have a matching MAF. Would a 93 cobra MAF work?

No,

the 93 Cobras MAF was not calibrated for 24s, but the calibration was in the computer. I had a set of 24s and a Cobra MAF years ago, and found this out after the car ran awful with it. I sold the stuff shortly after (I didn't need them).

Your best bet is to find a used ProM (or whatever they call themselves today) set for 24s, and try and sell the Cobra MAF.

No,

the 93 Cobras MAF was not calibrated for 24s, but the calibration was in the computer. I had a set of 24s and a Cobra MAF years ago, and found this out after the car ran awful with it. I sold the stuff shortly after (I didn't need them).

Your best bet is to find a used ProM (or whatever they call themselves today) set for 24s, and try and sell the Cobra MAF.

I have a set of ford 24s. Have not gotten the maf yet. Assuming i get a g force t5, does anyone see why this combo wouldnt go low 11s with a 100 shot? To answer your previous question, YES the cam is installed straight up but i have a set of adjustable timing gears and do plan on retarding the cam 2 degrees like you said.

i think my injectors are maxed out with my mods! i want 24lbs and maf conversion i guess thats my next semi costly mod before i go bankrupt on rims and paint :(

should i be running at like 10* timing? my car seems blownout dead after 4500rpms???

I have a set of ford 24s. Have not gotten the maf yet. Assuming i get a g force t5, does anyone see why this combo wouldnt go low 11s with a 100 shot? To answer your previous question, YES the cam is installed straight up but i have a set of adjustable timing gears and do plan on retarding the cam 2 degrees like you said.

Retarding the cam moves the power band up more or less. The combo should go 11s on the bottle so long as it hooks and is driven hard.

Macdaddy, timing should be higher than 10, but a safe bet without knowing the A/F is to stay with 14 or so. Also you might need to run higher octane. I never did and have had over 20 degrees of timing in my car with no pinging.

Retarding the cam moves the power band up more or less. The combo should go 11s on the bottle so long as it hooks and is driven hard.

Macdaddy, timing should be higher than 10, but a safe bet without knowing the A/F is to stay with 14 or so. Also you might need to run higher octane. I never did and have had over 20 degrees of timing in my car with no pinging.

I know that retarding it moves the powerband up but Im really more concerned about how far should i move it up? I know i had my tfs3 cam advanced 2 degrees which helped bring its 7200rpm optimum operating range down.

apologies:rolleyes:
but im not oging to make another thread for this...

Thats what this section is for, asking questions.

Modular2v, I would say for that combo, 4 degrees (remember to check P/V clearance, even if it cleared before) should bring the band upwards of 5800-6000 RPM. Now this is all generalized, and your specific combo might want more or less, but this is the best of my knowledge.

Thats what this section is for, asking questions.

Modular2v, I would say for that combo, 4 degrees (remember to check P/V clearance, even if it cleared before) should bring the band upwards of 5800-6000 RPM. Now this is all generalized, and your specific combo might want more or less, but this is the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for the advice man! Im so use to carbed stuff this fuel injection stuff is the same but different ball game. Im use to throwing a carb on and running 11s:nice: