Anyone with SN95 font suspension? 68?

Hey Who The F&%* do you think you are calling me a candidate for the "Darwin Awards"!! I did not say it is the end all be all!! I just think its better than the stock stuff. Also Heidts has built and sold these kits for it for a long time to but no body has shown me or anyone here any more proof than just opinion!!!!!! No I have not driven a MII car but I have built/driven one with many mods to the susepension (Shelby drop,springs,roller perches,bars ect) and if that is the best it gets then there is NO hope for these cars!!!!!!!!! BTW I have kept my posts about the parts and not about you or anyone here personally SO KEEP YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT ME TO YOURSELF..................

until you have driven an early mustang with a mustang II suspension you really don't know what you're talking about that it's better than something that keeps the shock towers in tact. there is a lot of flex going on when you install a mustang II suspension into an early mustang. the mustang II suspension kits on the market are designed for street rod type cars that are just cruisers, they are NOT a performance suspension by ANY stretch of the imagination. and having owned a real mustang II and having driven an early mustang with a mustang II suspension i can tell you that even comparing those 2 there is a big difference, the actual mustang II will outhandle an early mustang with a mustang II conversion and that's just sad.

ya know even Reenmachine isn't doing any more mustang II conversions because for the amount of work needed to intsall it there just isn't much benefit. an early mustang with a mustang II suspension may ride a little better but it won't handle any better than an early mustang with a properly sorted and reworked stock style suspension. install a tcp or GW coilover kit and a rack and pinion and you'll be light years ahead of a mustang II style suspension and probably for less money when it's all said and done.

• Sponsors (?)

until you have driven an early mustang with a mustang II suspension you really don't know what you're talking about that it's better than something that keeps the shock towers in tact. there is a lot of flex going on when you install a mustang II suspension into an early mustang. the mustang II suspension kits on the market are designed for street rod type cars that are just cruisers, they are NOT a performance suspension by ANY stretch of the imagination. and having owned a real mustang II and having driven an early mustang with a mustang II suspension i can tell you that even comparing those 2 there is a big difference, the actual mustang II will outhandle an early mustang with a mustang II conversion and that's just sad.

ya know even Reenmachine isn't doing any more mustang II conversions because for the amount of work needed to intsall it there just isn't much benefit. an early mustang with a mustang II suspension may ride a little better but it won't handle any better than an early mustang with a properly sorted and reworked stock style suspension. install a tcp or GW coilover kit and a rack and pinion and you'll be light years ahead of a mustang II style suspension and probably for less money when it's all said and done.

absolutely right!!! the stock geometry isnt the best for performance, but with a few changes it becomes very hard to beat. when you consider that GT-350 mustangs ran in B production, and would regularly beat A production cars, you know the slow ones like corvettes and 289 cobras, you know then that old shelby knew something, and if you duplicate his geometry, or even improve on it, you have likely the best set up. look at what historic does with his race cars. if the mustang ll suspension was so damn good, you can bet that historic would be using it if he could.

I didn't say you were a candidate. Your opinion is that it's better than stock, mine is, without a full cage with front supports, it isn't, simple as that.

You asked us to show you that it is inferior, what's the difference in us asking you to show us it's superior?