AOD combo advice?

5LiterCOOP

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2000
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey, I am kind of stuck in figuring out what my next mods will be with my car. I’m getting bored with it as it sits, but I don’t have a bunch of cash to drop on it. I am looking for something that will make a difference that I will notice when I drive it. I thought I would post up my current mods and see if anyone has any advice on where to go from here. I would love to something to free up some power because it’s a pig as it sits, but if it makes it handle better that’s good too.

The car is sort of down right now with the OD being out of the transmission though have a spare trans ready to go in once time permits.
91GT AOD, 94k miles, compression still good
4.10 gears, Dirty Dog 2600rpm converter (awaiting trans swap), Transgo shift kit (in current trans), FRPP 65mm t-body, 73mm C&L mass air meter, Stock airbox with K&N panel filter, Crane 1.7 rockers, Explorer intake, 1 5/8” Shorty headers, Off road x-pipe, 2 ½” Flowmasters, Under drive pulleys, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator (awaiting install), 190lph fuel pump, 5-lug swap with tri-bars.
My initial thoughts were lowering springs and sub-frame connectors, or a contour fan and some clean up parts, but I am still completely up in the air and at risk of becoming burned out on this car. Anyone have any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)