AOD driving me mad....

I'd see what they offer you. if they offer you a full refund then I would take the money and run. I wouldn't except anything short of a full refund from these guys though. If this is your everyday driver you may not want to run a manual valve body. I just did my tranny up with good parts, converter, hardend input shaft, and a transgo AOD-HP shift kit with a high rev govener. I really like this tranny and it will pull up to about 56-5700 rpms on full throttle shifts. If you looking into beefing your up then I would suggest that kit, good clutches and steels, OD band, hardened input shaft, and a good converter and you'll be very happy. But first I would concentrate on getting your issues fixed. You may want to suggest that someone else fix the tranny but he pays the bill.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm either hoping for a full or close to full refund....85-90% wouldn't be unreasonable. Or have them pay for the repairs. Well I mainly use my car to travel from college and home, maybe 3X a semester. I only put about 800 miles a month on it, and that's if I go home. I go to the track more than I go home tho :D so I want a strong tranny. Well, I'm looking around for now...let ya'll know the outcome. Thnx

You could of switched to a 5spd by now ...listen there is a guy in St.petersburg Fl. that will swap out your aod for a t5 and parts for about $450.00..no sht. He makes alot a money on old people ...people that can not through that clutch around town.LOK it UP.

Went over to the shop today with hope of solving this problem... didn't happen. After talking for 10 min about the same old thing, we finally got to the point. We told him that we expected him to pay us and what was his offer. He went off about how he lost money on the last rebuild yadadada. He finally said to have another shop pull the tranny and access the damage and price. What I'm wandering is, suppose the new shop discovers the source of the problem but it wasn't something the previous shop had replaces or worked on, does that mean the previous shop isn't at fault? (Hope I didn't confuse anyone) Also what if I want a new tranny, how would that work? Do I just have the new shop give me a report of the damaged parts and an estimate, then have the old shop pay the estimate?

Ok, there were somethings the mechanic mentioned today.

-If he replaces and repairs he tranny without charging us, the warranty is automatically voided.
-He only replaced the planetary gearset the second time, but without charge. He said that we could not expect him to pay for a new one.

I'm taking my car to a tranny shop tomorrow, so I guess I'll go on from there.

Forgot to ask... what rebuild kits would you recommend? Torque conveters, planetary gearset, etc??? I'm thinking about another rebuild and I want this one to be done right. Thanks in advance

PS- What are your thoughts on CK Performance-> HERE

Dude, it really sounds like this guy is giving you the run around! I hope it works out for you, I would still call the better bussiness buruea if he won't help you . And why would him fixing it the 2nd time void your warranty, Thats pretty illegal I think..... If I worked on a toyota at work and replaced the tranny, It comes back again a year later with another blown tranny, we replace it again, not tell him it will void his warranty if we do a second repair.. shops like his piss me off, I am the 2nd to top tech in a dealership with 70 techs, I get comebacks once in a while , why?? because I'm human and we all make mistakes.... I guess He doesn't make mistakes... Oh and by the way, you blow clutch packs by beating your car not planatery gears sets. they are one of the toughest peices in your tranny...

Thanks... it was a little odd how the planetary blew out a month after his rebuild. The teeth were grinded to death. I didn't think much of it since he replaced it. This whole ordeal is really ruining my break and my dad can't keep dealing with this @$$hole especially working 70+ hours a week. If he doesn't do anything after I take it to the tranny shop tomorrow the BBB will be getting a call. He told us "that by law if the second rebuild is done with all expenses paid by the shop then the previous warranty will be terminated." Me and my old man looked at each other with grins on our faces. Especially the way he kept explaining the costs of going to court. "you'll need a lawyer and it's $100 bucks per court visit (something like that). In the end we'll both be at lossing." Man do I love these father-son moments. Well I'll keep everyone posted...

I have not read this whole thread but I would go ahead and check the kick cable if you have not already. I have an aod and a little plastic bushing that holds it broke. This made it shift down or up whenever it wanted and did take quite a bit of throttle to get it to shift. It sounds very similar to the problem your having. A new bolt and washer type bushing 5$ later from the shop it was running normal. I was told I was lucky and that normaly when the kick cable breaks off it ruins the tranny. What shop have you had the problems with?

I'm getting ready to go to the other shop as I type this. I guess I'll have the shop inspect the tranny ($250-$300 out of my pocket) and go at it from there. I don't think the second shop knows the first one, but I'm making sure not to give any names. The mechanic last night wanted us to let him know where we're going to get the tranny fixed because he really "cares" and wants to know what the problem is. :bs: . He probably just wants to bad mouth us and try to convince them not to fix our tranny or put us in bad light. After I get the damage accessed and an estimate I'm giving him a call to find out what he will pay. It just pisses me off that he always wants to speak to my dad, who doesn't really have the time to deal with this.