AOD rebuild questions

bluevenom867

I will have images of molesting stuffed animals in
Dec 15, 2003
St.Petersburg,FL
Ok,Im rebuilding a buddies AOD and wanted to see what kinda trouble I might run into,lol.

I got it down to the case,and removed the case bushing,most of the sub assembles are still toghter (he had it apart befor I could tear it down) so I gotta check and make sure all the bearings are there.

The thrust washer on the back of the pump had a groove wore into it almost 1/2 way through,and the intermeadiate sprag was all but falling apart.

The O/D band had NOTHING on it,and it had worn grooves into the low-reverse drum. So I assume we'll need a new one,anyone know wheres the best place to buy parts for the AOD?

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you reuse the int sprag you need to get the sonnax snap ring kit so it can`t come off again, but I recomend upgrading the internals to aode or the newer 4r70 w internals (2 in. band & clicker style oneway clutch) and still use the sonnax kit.
The washer on the back of the pump? do you mean the plastic looking spacer with the 2 ears on it?
I will tell you like I tell everyone working on AOD`s to check out click click racing forums.
General Click Click Tech - Click Click Racing Forums

Do not use a t r a n s g o shift improver with the upgraded internals....

We toasted my aod twice before we got them to admit the did they same to their car with the new gear set...... It wouldn't hold second, skipped right to third and tore 2nd out real quick. went with a different brand and it worked great. The upgraded gear set and aode o/d band is the only way to fly.