Aod Stall Speed

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
I'm helping my son try and get better ET from his 93 convertible. It has a 306 with GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm TB, x303 cam, 24lb inj & matched MAF. Best ET so far is 13.8 at 101mph.

There's a few ideas we're working on and the first is stall speed. The person he bought the car from said it had a 3000 stall in it. However, he can hold the car on the line with the brake and never get more than 2100 rpm on the tach before the car wants to move. Flash stall is about the same. So the thing is stalling at 2100 and we understand thats that, regardless of what converter it is or what its advertised stall speed is.

With the x303 making best power between 3-6k rpm, a converter stalling closer to 3k would be better.

If he decides to change the converter, which brand and advertised stall speed will get an actual 3k stall speed in this car with its current setup?

• Sponsors (?)

If you're more worried about the actual track performance get with a specialty builder. You will want the stall speed to be close to max torque for best results i.e. Guessing around 4-4500 rpms stall.

Reactions: 1 user