Summit 70mm T/B
Summit 24pph injectors
C&L 76mm MAF meter
Walbro 255lph pump
BBK 1 5/8" shorty headers
BBK 2 1/2" catted H
Flowmaster 2 1/2" aftercat
3.73 gears

Last year the best I was able to run with the original 70K mile AOD was a 14.80 @ 98 MPH. This year with the only change being a swap to an FMS T5 manual transmission, the car now runs 13.30 @ 104 MPH. And that was with a soft launch and no powershifting. Needless to say, I'm tickled to death. I can't believe the trans swap made that much of a difference. With a hard launch on some sticky tires and some powershifting, I'm sure the car has a high 12 in it. :D

Also, my local track is at 2800 feet of elevation, so my car would already be in the 12's at a track lower to sea level. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Wonder what a good shift kit + Stall coulda netted you in the AOD?

Its a shame I need to keep mine, gf and fam cant drive a stick, its more trouble than its worth to have a T5.

Wonder what a good shift kit + Stall coulda netted you in the AOD?

Its a shame I need to keep mine, gf and fam cant drive a stick, its more trouble than its worth to have a T5.

I'm sure a properly built AOD could get close to the T5's runs. They'd probably only be a couple of tenths off since the AOD pulls more RWHP out of the engine than the manual trans does.

Unbelievable!!! Congrats man!! That is frickin awesome. You prolly saved a lot of weight first off, and second, the T5 is an awesome gear banging transmission. The AOD is a slush box, the one I had was the worst.

5spd swap FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!